• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Man of Honour
OP
Training 03/04/13

Absolutely shattered today. Running on about 4 hours sleep and generally feeling like a bag of balls. Ended up being late for the gym because I was just monged out at home staring at the wall.

Deadlifts
bar x lots
60x10
100x5
140x5 - can feel the fatigue in my back from yesterdays squats, lols
180x1
200x1
225x5 Nice! Definite post tear PB. Very comfortable too, so even though the plan didn't call for it, a recklessly short rest later...
230x5 FFFFFUUUUUU YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA! Now only 5kg off my best pull pre tear, and I think that was possibly there today too. Back in business!
215x3 felt something weird on my right hip on the 2nd rep, then on the 4th it felt like my femur was ready to pop out of the front of my hip! I stopped before anything happened, and it's definitely not an actual problem, just some gay cramp/tightness/massive general fatigue catching up with me.

Dips
bwx10
15x8
25x8
45x8x3 - shorter rests than last time

Yates row - because gains
70x12
75x12x3
Hits my back in an enjoyable new way.

OHP
50x8
55x8x3 - spent!

Pull throughs
most of the stack x10
stack x10x3 - includes mostly fall over x10 PB

Single arm machine row
some pin x12x3

No time for arms :(

Too dead to think about much of anything anyway. Time for all the food.

Man of Honour
OP
I bloody hope so! I was beginning to think my hamstring had permanently ruined my deadlift.

Mrthingyx, as we all know Phagginess is next to Gainsliness.

ALSO, saw my physio today. He confirmed that my legs were bigger, even though I've actually been thinking they've shrunk (body dysmorphia ho!). He also mentioned that he might be up for popping in to the mini meet and possibly coming for food afterwards. Prepare to be wooed.

edit: forgot the actual important physio part...

He absolutely shredded my pec minor on my bad shoulder side, to the extent that I felt nauseous. Good lord! Turns out there was a huge amount of terrible tissue fairly deep in the muscle, i.e. where I can't easily reach with a lacrosse ball. Pec was poppin' afterwards... instant gains. My lat is/was also extremely stuck to me seratus, which is jacking most of everything else back there up.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I'm going to make a reservation at a place called Atomic Burger. Kind of like GBK, but more gains.

Delvis, if he sees your shoulders he may vomit.

Man of Honour
OP
While some of us are here, do we have any limits on time? I'm guessing the far away brahs might have something to say if I book the food too late...

Anyone remember when FF is back to give his input on this?

Man of Honour
OP
KD that probably means you will have to miss the meal. I wouldn't want things to run late and end up getting you home past your bedtime x

Man of Honour
OP
If you need to leave early it's fine, I'll make the reservation for enough people to allow you to stay should you choose.

Training 05/04/13

Squats
bar x lots
60x10
100x5
140x5
180x1
195x4
195x4 feeling incredibly lazy for some reason. Not firing especially well but not finding the sets hard. Time to increase the intensity...
195x4
195x4
195x4
195x4
Bosh, really easy. Rests all short too.

Bench
bar x lots
60x6
92.5x5x5
So much better after my physio session. Felt like my shoulder took a few reps to get used to having a pec that wasn't all kinds of jacked up, but the later sets were awesome.

Curls
****ing loads.

Man of Honour
OP
A bro of a bro, who stopped coming to our gym a while ago, was suggesting stuff for biceps.

Went something like:

BB curl 3 sets
Preacher DB curl some sets
Hammer curl 3 sets with the last set just carrying on until the reps were tiny (at least 60 reps)

WTF

Delvis, yeah it's best to text him as he's quite busy.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah sorry for the confusion Chris! Atomic Burger will be decimated next weekend when some of the guys come to Oxford.

I am down in Bristol fairly frequently, so we should definitely do some sort of meet there. I might even see Morba...

Man of Honour
OP
They started on something I've not even cleaned with a bar, let alone come anywhere near putting over head! I'll stick to the three things I can actually do. Oh wait, make that two things :D

I'd have put money on your log shooting up in the next few months anyway.

Man of Honour
OP
Training 08/04/13

I was looking forward to smashing some weights today, despite an extreme level of fatigue and a crumbling immune system. This enthusiasm waned fairly quickly, but not before I'd committed to a protocol guaranteed to kill me.

Mobility
Hundreds. Definitely coming up for a deload.

Squats
bar x lots
60x12
100x5
140x5
160x2
180x1 90 second rests so far, slightly longer into
195x2 went up like a rocket. Time to punish this success. Less than 2 mins between all of the next sets, sometimes a lot less :(
195x2
195x2
195x2
195x2 slowing down! Also feeling so tired that I'm almost numb
195x2
195x2
**** off squats

Bench
bar x lots
60x8
95x5x5
Feeling better PB. Got a bro to keep an eye on any rotation, of which there was a bit. It's going to take a while to learn where straight is.

High bar squats
bar x 10
60x5
100x5
130x5
155x5x3 PB
Hard, but nice.

Press ups onto band suspended in a rack
These are amazing!

YTWL

Fatigue

Despite the short rests on the squats, this wasn't a quick session. Lot's of mobility didn't help, but mostly it's because I was absolute destroyed after the squats. Just horrible.

Man of Honour
OP
7 sets KD, 7.

Cheers chaps.

Morba, I think my mate got them from Defranco, but I'm not 100% sure.

Immune system rebooted overnight. Today will be a day of food.

Man of Honour
OP
Training 10/04/13

Just ridiculous amounts of fatigue. More sleep last night, bit I think I need about 24 hours straight...

Deads
bar x lots
100x5 not feeling great
140x5 poor
140x5 better
180x1 sloooooowwwww
200x1 fast off the floor, then my weird hip flexor thing kicked in above my knee. No pain because I completely switched off when I felt it. Momentum PB? Decided to leave it, stay mostly unsnapped and take a mini deadlift deload.

Deadlift stance good morning
100x8
130x8x4
These are brutal!

Dips
bw x 10
20x8
50x8x3 PB
50x6 nothing left in the tank!
Short rests still. Gains.

OHP
50x8
60x6x3

BOR
60x12
80x12x2
100x6x3
80x12
That'll teach my stupid body to not let me deadlift

Skull crushers
bar+32.5x12, 10, 10

Tricep rope up/down superset
12/12
12/12
12/12

Utterly spent. Full 1 or 2 week deload coming up!

Man of Honour
OP
Interdasting...

Could play with our chains as well if you want?

Big squat volume tonight! Turns out that part of my fatigue this week was driven by forgetting to drink enough. Turns out that's important.

Man of Honour
OP
Training 12/04/13

Ended up getting to the gym quite late today, but I was never going to be quick. I'd planned lots of mobility, with some lighter stuff for my lower body because I wanted to be fresh for squatting. Well, that didn't go to plan! I got distracted while doing my "mild" glute stretching and ended up doing almost 5 mins on one side :( had to then even it up, but I strongly suspected that I'd successfully switched off some kind of important squatting muscles. ****!

Squat
bar x lots
60x10
100x5 - flexible as ****, but can already feel the difference in drive out of the bottom :(
140x5 meh
160x1 kind of better...?
180x1 messy rep, but there was some drive
195x5 not bad, slow reps but they felt easy. Short-ish rest into
195x5 harder, slower, but still not bad
195x5 groce. Cut one of these just shy of parallel because I was feeling zero power :mad: buried the last one to make up for it, but fuark! These three sets were done fairly quickly, but I needed a break before I did any more. Stupid glutes.
195x5 better!
195x5 worse again! lols. Becoming quite a mental battle
195x5 strangely better again, and the last rep was easy and fast. Wtf?
In summary: don't fatigue your hamstrings with a new exercise in the same week you're doing some stupid squat volume, and don't do a huge amount of static stretching on your glutes. They did REALLY need it though.

Bench
bar x lots
60x5 dreamy. Might sound retarded but historically I've needed weight to help set my shoulders back. Not today!
80x3
97.5x5x5 awesome. Last three sets were done in 5 mins because I ran out of time. I might actually be on for a cheeky bench PB after all of this messing about. These were stupidly comfortable, and the tension and activation I'm now getting across my mid back is so much better than it's ever been.

Also, collapse.

Also, time for about 2000kcals.

Back
Top Bottom