iCloud+ and Custom Domains for Email

Man of Honour
The portal should be way clearer and have more options. I'm the head of our iCloud 'family', but I can't manage addresses. I get that because it's probably to do with privacy. But I have an annoying issue, I created a '[email protected] account in my account by mistake. I removed it, and now she can't create it as it's in use. But I can't see it anywhere. I wonder if there's a timeout or if I'll have to contact Apple support again.

Commissario
I removed it, and now she can't create it as it's in use. But I can't see it anywhere. I wonder if there's a timeout or if I'll have to contact Apple support again.
Yeah, I’ve had this. Good luck with support. If you Google this, the situation is that you can’t re-add it for a year because Apple just say it’s already been used.

Man of Honour
Yeah, I’ve had this. Good luck with support. If you Google this, the situation is that you can’t re-add it for a year because Apple just say it’s already been used.
A year? Well, I'm glad we don't get married until next year as the domain name is my surname! But you should be able to remove 'used' addresses, although I do fully understand that there's a privacy element involved.

Permabanned
I've just subscribed to iCloud+ finally. Needed to be sure what I wanted it to do works.

I've got a ticket system using the email system so if an email comes in the ticket system polls and pulls in tickets. :)

Tested working using Apple SMTP/iMAP + Custom Domain.

Just moved my domains over to cloudflare as it's cheaper renewal as well.

Sweet.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yeah, Cloudflare is brilliant.

It took 1 hour to move 2 domains to Cloudflare once I changed the IPS tag.

What I’ve done is create some rules:

When user email 1 support inbox >
Move to folder 1

Ticket system collects email from folder 1>
Then moved to collected folder 2

Ticket is created >
Filter set to assign ticket if from Email 1

Ticket system sends email to say ticket is assigned to team

Pretty clever when you set up filters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom