IE 7 Beta 3 (the last beta)

Soldato
Even though I use Firefox, thought I would give it a go, installed it, go to run it and all it does is flash my screen a little and nothing appears :confused:

Man of Honour
IE 7 BETA3 FINAL released

Looks nicer and seems faster, over 1000 bugs fixed too and many new changes and enhancements :)

I'm still using Firefox as default but this is really nice now too.

DOWNLOAD

The Word
Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3 is now available for download and includes improvements in reliability, compatibility, user features, and security. Although Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 was layout complete, based on our customers’ feedback, we’ve made some additional changes to the look and feel of the browser. Beta 3 allows users to add the e-mail button back to the toolbar, enables users to reorder the tabs by dragging them to the left or right, and enables horizontal scrolling while zooming.

To improve the RSS experience, Internet Explorer 7 now allows users to update all their RSS feeds automatically. In addition, the user has more control in marking their RSS feeds as "READ."

Beta 2 testing has helped us improve compatibility with websites and web applications in Beta 3. Internet Explorer 7 reliability has improved in Beta 3 as several layout-rendering bugs have been fixed as well.

In addition, Beta 3 contains all the security fixes addressed in the June Internet Explorer Security Bulletin MS06-021.

We encourage you to download Beta 3 today and keep the feedback coming! Thanks to the Beta 2 feedback, we’ve been able to make some important changes to the product and improve the web experience.

When you uninstall BETA2 you will get a message saying "these programs may not work if you uninstall BETA2" - ignore it :)

Associate
JonRohan said:
I don't think it will work without sp2. Pop sp2 on and you'll be good.

IE7 looks cracking. Can't wait for it to be finalised.

Ok thanks for clearing that up mate. I've got it installed on my laptop though which has SP2 and it looks really nice and minimalistic. :) Thanks for the heads up NathanE.

Soldato
Sigh. Can't even evaluate the sodding thing when;
Beta2 wouldn't even bookmark a site without throwing up 20 odd script errors, even after 3 uninstalls/reinstalls.
Beta3 - I see the browser window for a split second before it vanishes again. I've got no icon on my desktop either which meant the install went **** up somehow despite the installer saying it was successful.

Soldato
Mr Men said:
Even though I use Firefox, thought I would give it a go, installed it, go to run it and all it does is flash my screen a little and nothing appears :confused:
Exactly what I get. Just reinstalled it again and I still have no ie7 icon. I'm running the ie7 executable directly and just see it flash up for a split second before it goes away. Waste of my time.

Soldato
Kainz said:
Exactly what I get. Just reinstalled it again and I still have no ie7 icon. I'm running the ie7 executable directly and just see it flash up for a split second before it goes away. Waste of my time..

Yep I gave up too, although I got it working on my 2nd rig, wonder whats up with it! stupid thing, i did get the icon appearing in my quick launch, but not on the desktop.

Soldato
tolien said:
Still breaks Adobe Update though, as far as I can see :(

Is that a bad thing? I can't stand adobe's updaters.

Or, have microsoft done this on purpose because they aren't allowed to use the PDF functionality in Office 2007. Arh!!! :p

Back
Top Bottom