IE 7 Beta 3 (the last beta)

Associate
i like oldskool ie look.

PS lads if you play counterstrike (or any other games online using HL) then dont get IE7 - it will cause the game to crash if the server uses the new HTTP dload system (and you dont have required files).

Soldato
I downloaded the x64 version last night and it seems to be ok. This was on a fresh install of XP x64 and it did fine with all the updates that needed to be installed and seemed nice and fast. I'll keep it on the computer but will use Firefox for everyday use because of the ad blocking features and Yahoo mail notification.

Soldato
Help!

Uninstalled IE7 Beta 2 via Add/Remove Programs as suggested. IE7 Beta 2 no longer shows in the list but the Beta 3 install insists it's still installed.

I've rebooted and even set the isInstalled key in the registry to 0.

Still shows as installed! Can't even install IE6 - D'OH!!

I should point out I can still use IE7 Beta 2 after all the above :confused:

Soldato
beta 3 is sexual chocolate!! - Seriously its so so much quicker than beta 2. Gets my
icon14.gif

Associate
Tabbed browsing will not work for me? :confused:

Whenever I try to open a new tab it just opens a new window instead. :(

I have checked the options for tabs and all is enabled with the default settings applied.

When I activate the menu using Alt the New tab option is greyed out, extremely weird. :(

Soldato
FrankJH said:
sounds like its a goodun - as long as you can get it working in the first place
Or even get Beta 2 off! Still trapped using it even though it's not showing in Add/Remove!
Anyone got a link to Beta 2 so I can re-install then try uninstalling again?

Associate
Domo said:
Or even get Beta 2 off! Still trapped using it even though it's not showing in Add/Remove!
Anyone got a link to Beta 2 so I can re-install then try uninstalling again?

Same here :(

Uninstalled IE7 Beta2 (suspiciously fast) from Add/Remove, and it is definately still installed. What a wonderful installset :rolleyes:

Associate
Have installed it without any issues and it does run nice and fast but the whole screen now doesn't look as crystal clear as it does with either Mozilla or IE6.

It's almost like the black text has a fuzzyness to it yet if I get real close to the monitor it is nice and clear, I have messed with the monitor settings but it's just not as clear for some reason, any ideas?

Associate
Mr Men said:
Even though I use Firefox, thought I would give it a go, installed it, go to run it and all it does is flash my screen a little and nothing appears :confused:

Dude i have the same problem on my desktop but it works fine on my lappy. i really dont know what the hell is going on :confused:

Vai

Vai

Soldato
Beta 3 is so much better than Beta2! I am now fully using this instead of Firefox, all it needs is a better download manager and something like AdBlock

Permabanned
kimandsally said:
Have installed it without any issues and it does run nice and fast but the whole screen now doesn't look as crystal clear as it does with either Mozilla or IE6.

It's almost like the black text has a fuzzyness to it yet if I get real close to the monitor it is nice and clear, I have messed with the monitor settings but it's just not as clear for some reason, any ideas?

Doesn't IE7 enable cleartype by default or something, perhaps that's the problem.

Associate
For anyone that can't find IE7 Beta 2 to uninstall in Add/Remove Progs - you need to tick the 'Show Updates' option at the top of the window, and it will appear :)

Back
Top Bottom