IED - 2 Terrorists - 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Whereas it seems people are trying to change my original point of not laughing at death to I would rather it had gone off and blown up innocent individuals.

Ok ill go get a sense of humour, death lol. :rolleyes:

Not quite, what I am saying just because we find the clip funny doesn't mean you should lump us in with people who laugh at murder victims or any other irrelevant comparison you care to draw...

Soldato
Whereas it seems people are trying to change my original point of not laughing at death to I would rather it had gone off and blown up innocent individuals.

Ok ill go get a sense of humour, death lol. :rolleyes:

Well yes thats the alternative to it blowing them up isn't it. Although insinuating that you would have liked this is a bit OTT, its not exactly as wild as comparing it to the killing of people in world wars 60 years ago, or the murdering of an innocent on the news. Both points that you attempted to make.

And once again ill remind you that the lol comes from the circumstances and not "death" as a whole.

Have you never laughed at a Diana joke, or jokes of a similar nature regardless of how tasteless they are?

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for telling me where my thoughts apply. I just personally don't find anyone dying funny. It can be the right thing, they could have derserved it and i'm sure there are a million other emotions and feelings death can bring, but to me 'lol' isn't one.

Death is not funny, do you see the IRONY?, its pure LOL, like snake bites own tail, wasp stings self?,

This is not death (in normal sense) its LOL'some self execution of a murderer about to commit murder who becomes a statistic of his own criminal intentions.

Associate
Death is not funny, do you see the IRONY?, its pure LOL, like snake bites own tail, wasp stings self?,

This is not death (in normal sense) its LOL'some self execution of a murderer about to commit murder who becomes a statistic of his own criminal intentions.

It's pure LOL for you, that's fine. It's just not pure LOL for me.

Can we not have two differing opinions? If not, i'll give you £5 to change your opinions to mine.

Soldato
It's pure LOL for you, that's fine. It's just not pure LOL for me.

Can we not have two differing opinions? If not, i'll give you £5 to change your opinions to mine.

No it was your buddy fishfingers who was attempting to impose an opinion on people and make them feel guilty.

Associate
Well yes thats the alternative to it blowing them up isn't it. Although insinuating that you would have liked this is a bit OTT, its not exactly as wild as comparing it to the killing of people in world wars 60 years ago, or the murdering of an innocent on the news. Both points that you attempted to make.

And once again ill remind you that the lol comes from the circumstances and not "death" as a whole.

Have you never laughed at a Diana joke, or jokes of a similar nature regardless of how tasteless they are?

All I was doing was showing a shred of humanity, the fact that they have blown themselves up instead of innocents is great, the fact that people have found amusement from the loss of life is just a little beyond me. But we seem to have different opinions on this but this is a general discussion forum after all.

TBH I dont think I did ever find Diana jokes funny mainly because they just ain't, unless you have a good one then ill see if it changes my mind on this.

Soldato
So you are saying its ok to laugh at death then, so every time you hear of someone being murdered on the news it literally makes you laugh, sick mind. :rolleyes:

Im happy it went off and they got what they deserved, I just dont think its right to laugh, makes me worry that people are laughing when seeing people killed. :(

I think you're getting the wrong end of the stick somewhat. People don't find it funny because someone died in the OMG WTF LOL HILARIOUS sense. The humour is derived more from the irony that these sick twisted individuals should suffer some rough justice at the hands of their own disgusting plot to kill others.

The humour is derived from the irony of the situation; not the direct act of watching them die.

Soldato
The full original video has a child running forwards and backwards to the bomb, which annoys the hell out of the pilots.

You'll also notice just before the explosion there's a bystander at the waters edge who stands up and gets a face full of the explosion.

Full version is about somewhere..

SMN

SMN

Soldato
So you are saying its ok to laugh at death then, so every time you hear of someone being murdered on the news it literally makes you laugh, sick mind. :rolleyes:

Im happy it went off and they got what they deserved, I just dont think its right to laugh, makes me worry that people are laughing when seeing people killed. :(

I laughed. I'll happily admit i laughed. Those child-born-out-of-wedlocks are out there trying to blow up my cousins, friends and other peoples loved ones. I hope to god it hurt to be honest with you.

As they say, "What was the last thing going through his mind?" His backside.

Soldato
But then surely the people arguing with him are trying to impose their opinion on him and make him feel silly for thinking what he thinks?

It's a forum so it's nice to hear all thoughts on all matters.

Well no... nobody asked him to find it funny, I simply explained why others did find it humorous to him and asked him to stop attempting to make others feel guilty.
:D

Soldato

Irony is funny. This is ironic.

The situation is what people are laughing at, like the Darwin Awards.

Associate
I'm afraid the people arguing against the "LOL-worthyness" of this are right. Seeing people blown up should not be funny, even if they are terrorists. Yes, it's good that they got what they deserved, and there is irony involved, but at no point did I think to laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom