1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Jurassic Park were an MMO, it'd look like Ark: Survival Evolved (PC/Xbox One/PS4)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Adam Senior, May 11, 2015.

1. Spuddy

Wise Guy

Im interested to know the name of this.

If anyone knows what the heck he's talking about? :D

2. Nismo

Capodecina

Just looked it up - "theHunter: Primal"

3. Spuddy

Wise Guy

Thank you! I'll go take a ganders now.

I love Dinosaurs! :D

4. Plainsong

Soldato

Bit janky IMO. Not impressed.

5. chris4652009

Mobster

It's a pre release.....................................

6. Plainsong

Soldato

Yeah I know that and I'm sure it'll get better. The gameplay just isn't my cup of tea, I don't think. To be fair, I didn't really know what the hell I was doing!

7. krisboats

Wise Guy

Its basically like minecraft invaded farcry. You have to mine everything to build everything else, to go raid other things. And don't die or you'll literally lose your ****

8. chris4652009

Mobster

The good thing about the online servers being so busy at peak times is that I get to lvl-up my solo game when I can't be arsed spamming the join button, got my first solo flyer last night....I'm absolutely loving this game.

[​IMG]

9. chris4652009

Mobster

That's not the case, you only "loose your ****" if you start a fresh character (on existing server or on a different server)...dieing is just a case of respawn either in a bed belonging to you or your tribe, or respawning in a random location within a pre-chosen zone

10. krisboats

Wise Guy

And what happens to the armour you were wearing or the items you'd collected when you died? Unless you can get to your body within the timeframe for it decaying and hope to god it hasnt disappeared, been stolen or been sent into orbit by a stray anklyosaurus tail etc then its all gone. If you were holding onto a pillaged weapon above your character level or one of the mystery artifacta you can kiss it goodbye :D

11. chris4652009

Mobster

ha ha new game...picking up Overyraptors and Dodos with my Pteranodon and dropping them in with my tamed Velociraptors (set on aggressive)....feeding time at Blade Ranch

12. chris4652009

Mobster

Blade Ranch is coming along nicely (excuse the phone pics, couldn't be arsed with screen grabbing them as was in a rush)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. chris4652009

Mobster

My online server was full last night ,so I carried on with my single player character...Thought I'd take a nice day trip to carno island (Island in NE corner of the map)....came back with these guys

[​IMG]

14. chris4652009

Mobster

15. Adam Senior

Wise Guy

Don't mean to troll on this but it's funny how those pics from your phone look pretty much the same as it does in-game. I tried to get into it with the free trail but couldn't get past the horrific visuals...Have they improved at all?

16. chris4652009

Mobster

Obvious troll is obvious ... you can't do screen grabs as they don't show on XBL because it's a pre-release.

Go look at some of the fire, water and lighting effects.

17. chris4652009

Mobster

tbh I don't care how crap it looks (in your opinion)..I'm having the most fun gaming in a long time on this one.
    .....well over 150hrs so far

18. chris4652009

Mobster

Busy time on the ranch right now, just ventured to frozen north after a Mammoth, returned with two more sabres and another Argent
    (this game has a habit of distracting me from whatever I set out to do)
    .....I've had to let my stegos and second bronto and other trike wander outside, as well and truly ran out of space.
    I REALLY need to stop taming and start expanding.

I'm now close to 170hrs on this on Xbox One, split between PvP (as part of a tribe) and single player....what a game!

Is it too soon to call this GOTY?

Excuse the crappy phone/screen pics, this game won't let you see any that you screen grab on XO (I assume it is because it is a pre-release).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Mr Jones

Capodecina

I am so tempted to start this game, already got it on my downloaded list...

With Smite Season 3 starting soon, I cannot afford to sink even more time into gaming! This is one of the few games I sink hours in and I'm scared.

20. macca672

Mobster

have over 1000 hours on the pc version. Its a very addictive game, even better when you have a good tribe to play with :)