• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

If u think miners dont add to a problem, well think again.

Associate
Full POS will only affect ETH Ethereum. Ethereum Classic ETC is making more money than ETH right now and will be POW for a good many years yet no plans to go POS. There is also ETG Ethereum Genesys which has already successfully forked so they should come onboard as well. As for EIP 1559 yes the gas fees will be reduced but this will be offset by a price increase, so net shouldn't be an issue.

Caporegime
Have to say I'm jealous- I only have 29 cards and that does ok. Wanted to get another couple of rigs going but OC selling 3070 at 1189 quid which is ridiculous not paying that. EIP 1559 is coming in July but if that cuts it down too much then will move over to Ethereum classic or Ethereum Genesys both looking really good and use 4gb cards. They will also remain Proof of Work thank goodness and i have a few more bills to pay off.
This is what people talking about ETH going POS are missing.

There was always talk about forking ETH to remain on POW. There are in any case plenty of other POW coins to mine.

POW is (sadly) not going away. Thus demand for GPUs is not going away, unless and until all crypto crashes to unprofitable levels.

Soldato
All MSI cards, so yet another mining farm with all the same card yet the aib will say "nuffin to do with us". Aye yer ******. :rolleyes:
There not all MSI as i have just counted these

30 MSI GPU boxes
28 Asus GPU boxes
20 EVGA GPU boxes

What brand of GPU boxes are these at 53 to 54 seconds ?
6eWdYJ4.png

Last edited:
Associate
Have to say I'm jealous- I only have 29 cards and that does ok. Wanted to get another couple of rigs going but OC selling 3070 at 1189 quid which is ridiculous not paying that. EIP 1559 is coming in July but if that cuts it down too much then will move over to Ethereum classic or Ethereum Genesys both looking really good and use 4gb cards. They will also remain Proof of Work thank goodness and i have a few more bills to pay off.
Good mining day today I guess

Caporegime
There not all MSI as i have just counted these

30 MSI GPU boxes
28 Asus GPU boxes
20 EVGA GPU boxes

What brand of GPU boxes are these at 53 to 54 seconds ?

Still have to have been sourced direct from the vendor, no chance of getting them in those numbers by randomly strolling into a store or even botting.

So that's another 78 gpu setup much like yer man and his 78 pny cards.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
His `Verified Actual Gamers` thing he is running, selling cards at MSRP to actual gamers

Ahh right so he's doing something honest, fair play. Then again, guys like him and the other US tech click (Jay, Steve, Paul etc.) could probably do with offloading years worth of freebies they get sent every week instead of placing them in the backdrop of their videos gathering dust..

Caporegime
Ethereum Mining Profitability Chart (bitinfocharts.com)

A 3060 Ti is profitable down to about 0.01... :p

Also worth bearing in mind that the talk about profitability is nonsense unless coins are mined and sold simultaneously. Otherwise, the profitability depends upon when the coins are sold, rather than when they are mined.

Rubbish.

Why would you mine coins at a loss?

Why not just pay for them at an exchange than pay a utility company more for electricity than what coins are worth?

Soldato
Rubbish.

Why would you mine coins at a loss?

Why not just pay for them at an exchange than pay a utility company more for electricity than what coins are worth?

Those two statements aren't contradictory.

It may make more sense to buy. But that doesn't change the fact that profitability is contingent on the price when the coins are sold.

Caporegime
Those two statements aren't contradictory.

It may make more sense to buy. But that doesn't change the fact that profitability is contingent on the price when the coins are sold.
Presumably you'd have to sell some each month to cover your bills.

Otherwise you'd be continually borrowing more, which would be hugely risky, if the crypto price crashed.

I can't see too many people mining (for long) when it's loss making. Particularly when there's no guarantee about returning to profitability, in any kind of timescale.

Why would you?

Caporegime
Presumably you'd have to sell some each month to cover your bills.

Otherwise you'd be continually borrowing more, which would be hugely risky, if the crypto price crashed.

I can't see too many people mining (for long) when it's loss making. Particularly when there's no guarantee about returning to profitability, in any kind of timescale.

Why would you?

Why would you mine at a loss at all?

Let's say it costs you £300 a month in electricity and for that you get £200 worth of coins.

Why wouldn't you just pay £200 for £200 worth of coins at an exchange instead?

You would have to be retarded to mine at a loss. You're literally throwing money away and the whole point of it all is to make money not lose it.

Caporegime
Waiting of all these miner cards to be listed on all the sites and MM...:cool:

You will be waiting a long time. It will still be profitable until October/November.

Chip shortages also means that supply may increase in the sell off but demand is there to take care of it. Especially when folk are paying £1500 for a £600 GPU.

Back
Top Bottom