If you could change an event in your life what would it be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi all if you could change an even in your life what would it be and what would the consequences be ?

I would have made sure my sister failed her 11 plus. This would have mean`t she didn't get to go to grammar school and in all likelihood would have gone to the crappy secondary school i went to.

Secondly following this is 99% certain that she would not have done as well at school and wouldn't have had the grades to do A-levels and would not have been able to go into 6th form.

Thirdly this would have mean`t that she would have had to go to Boston College and probably have had to do something along the lines of nvq, gnvq etc which everyone looks down on.

Fourthly with less pressure on me and seeing that she can fail at things i would have been able to be more successful.

So as you can see I would not be denying my sister any opportunities just giving her crappy opportunities which lead to a dead end.

Associate
OP
Why do you consider yourself a failure and her a success?

She has a better job than me, more expensive house.

my youngest daughter didn't pass her grammar school test (my oldest was in already) she went to secondary ,then Warwick unI then UCL now a doctor of science ,working with (not for) the government ,so dosnt always figure (although my eldest also has an awesome job in heritage)

That`s good did she go to 6th form or college after ?

Associate
OP
You seem to be a bitter person who blames others for your own downfall, your sister took the chances she got, you didn't. You don't even remember why you didn't pass.

You probably didn't pass because you didn't care and possibly thought somehow, someone, maybe parents, will sort it all out for you.

Life is not easy but blaming others doesn't help but shows your own ignorance.

You have a home, that is an achievement. Stop comparing yourself to others and be content with what you have, a lot of people will envy to be in your situation.

Just like to see her fail once.

Associate
OP
You're trash, no really you are complete trash.

Regardless, if she failed her 11+ and had to go to a "crappy secondary school" then she still would have been a success because she would have done well enough to go to 6th form then Uni. You can't stop people being a success

I`m not trash, i still think things would be different.

I hope OP isn't real. Comes across like a right bitter weirdo. Who the hell joins a computer forum to wish misery on their sister?

Good grief!

I`m aloud to join and say what i like.

Associate
OP
Something else that does make me wonder how things would have turned out is what would have happened if my parents had decided to move from Lincolnshire in 1997 or 1998 instead of 2003.

If they had moved in 1997 my sister would have just finished her GCSE`s and in 1998 she would have been half way through her A levels and i would have been in the final 2 years of junior school.

Moving at this time would have undoubtedly have had a negative effect on herself with moving away from friends at that age and having to change schools or maby having to go to college instead.

Whereas for myself i would have been able to learn from her mistakes and improve and overtake her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom