If you work from home what do you do?

Caporegime
I've always been kinda curious what happens inall these office type jobs especially with all the wfh.

What specifically do you all actually do?

I only ever hear vague "answer emails" or have teams meetings.

Are you all just round Robin emailing each other or does something happen somewhere?

Caporegime
OP
I run a TPM pillar for site, so sorting out tasks that need to be done and checking progress on those. For instance, as part of the pillar we have implemented a health and wellbeing committee, so that may also mean sorting out an event such as a charity bike ride or cake sale.

Projects could be any number of long term improvement (construction, procedural or skill wise) but can't really go in to detail without giving the game away :p

I'm still fairly clueless here :cry:

I'm going to put it down as organises bake sales :D

I suppose what I mean woth this is kinda what are you all producing? Like what happens if you're not there? Is a lot of it just information condensation?

After Googling TPM say do you collect all the armour maintainence shudules and produce a master schedule for some one to follow etc?

Caporegime
OP
I feel like this is the point @Tefal is getting at. If you aren't manufacturing, farming, making, mining, etc something, what value are you really adding to society?

No its not what I'm getting at I'm wondering what the actual specific tasks are

As this thread shows most just give vauge answers, it's easy to say what is done in a production environment or an engineering environment or even a lab environment but offices always seem so vauge

Edit although now people have been more specific its quite fascinating a lot is esentially just same old production tasks with a different tool set it seems.

Also on the netflic topic I work in production and still watch netflix:p

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I've just realised something so many of you are missing the opertunity to describe your jobs as

"Making artisanal home-made code" now that you're at home.

Back
Top Bottom