Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Caporegime
After quite a bit of research I've opted for one of these, picking it up later. I did like the look of the LG 34GN850 but at almost twice the price I couldn't justify it.

Moving up from an AOC AG271QG which has been an outstanding monitor in it's own right (IPS, 165hz, 1440p) so it has a lot to live up to.

Caporegime
Had my GB3466WQSU for a couple of days, pretty happy with it so far although I haven't tried it in gaming yet.

Pros
- No dead pixels
- Came with the updated firmware
- Loving the extra real estate for productivity
- Colours seem good, not seeing any problems here

Cons
- Stand isn't the best
- Doesn't seem to be possible to have settings per input as far as I can tell? IE, my Mac and PC are both connected via DP, my Mac doesn't support Freesync but the PC does.... so I have to toggle it on/off depending on input unless im missing something

Overall for the money I'm happy.

Edit: The con about freesync isn't a problem anymore, not sure what I've done but im able to leave it on continuously across inputs now.

Last edited:
Associate
Hello, I got mine back! But I did something stupid, there was a small blue windows on the left and I activated "Refresh Num", but how to get rid of it? I don't know how to enter that "hidden" menu again :( Please help!
Thx!

Associate
I got a grade c return of this monitor from another online retailer. 250quid , 1 dead pixel. Coming from an ips, cant believe how much better the image looks due to the contrast.

I dont seem to have any flickering yet, but ive got it set to 60 hz only

Associate
Hi,

Currently looking at getting this monitor, currently have the Dell S2716DG which has been fantastic but just fancy a change to ultrawide and i've now got my long service award which has to be a gift so thought perfect time to get one. How does it compare to the dell, I;ve calibrated my dell and will calibrate the Iiyama, but wondered if it was a downgrade in picture quality or just the ultra wide benefit?

Associate
I've been using one of these for the last week or so - latest firmware, no flickering at all even at 144hz. Colour & contrast much better than the IPS it replaced, but it also does have minor dark scene ghosting in FPS games even with overdrive cranked. Subtle enough for me to not really notice but may be an issue for others. All in all its a pretty damn good monitor for the spec/price.

Associate
Hi,

I have monitor iiyama G-MASTER Red Eagle GB3466WQSU-B1 that is flickering badly when FPS is below 80 and with below 60 is only getting worse. I have read a lot and found some guides to use CRU and play with freesync range. Issue starts here, whatever i change in CRU like instead of 48-144Hz (close to edit or in extended block etc) in Pendelum gsync demo is always the same flickering. What i found that minimum range is 53Hz (53FPS in penedelum)... Everything below like 52 low frame compensation starts and monitor OSD shows 104Hz etc (manual states 48 to 144 so minimum should be 48 fps)... Whatever i put in CRU like 90-144Hz still in Penedelum (in other games also) is flickering and minimum is still 53 for freesync to work (and in this range LFC should work until 90 but freesync again start form 53FPS). Why i can't change freesync range? I always doing this as administrator and make an restart64 etc. I even restart PC but no luck, nothing change in freesync range, what i'm missing?

PS. i use it with rtx 3080.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

I have monitor iiyama G-MASTER Red Eagle GB3466WQSU-B1 that is flickering badly when FPS is below 80 and with below 60 is only getting worse. I have read a lot and found some guides to use CRU and play with freesync range. Issue starts here, whatever i change in CRU like instead of 48-144Hz (close to edit or in extended block etc) in Pendelum gsync demo is always the same flickering. What i found that minimum range is 53Hz (53FPS in penedelum)... Everything below like 52 low frame compensation starts and monitor OSD shows 104Hz etc (manual states 48 to 144 so minimum should be 48 fps)... Whatever i put in CRU like 90-144Hz still in Penedelum (in other games also) is flickering and minimum is still 53 for freesync to work (and in this range LFC should work until 90 but freesync again start form 53FPS). Why i can't change freesync range? I always doing this as administrator and make an restart64 etc. I even restart PC but no luck, nothing change in freesync range, what i'm missing?

PS. i use it with rtx 3080.

Are you using a VESA Certified DP cable?

Associate
Hmm... Can you point some models/brands? i'm try to find some (i live in Poland - it could be from AMAZON) but there are no vesa certified in specification. I only found one that says Vesa compatible...

Associate
Hmm... Can you point some models/brands? i'm try to find some (i live in Poland - it could be from AMAZON) but there are no vesa certified in specification. I only found one that says Vesa compatible...
I've used KabelDirekt before and found their cables pretty good. They're on amazon.pl

Associate
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this board and just wanted to share my experiences with this Monitor so far. I have ordered and received two Monitors and was really glad that I got the new revision (Model A). You can compare the specs by viewing the upated online manual where at the end the specs are listed. As far as I got it right the A Model has an enhanced brightness and response time.
One display is for my home office and the other one for my office. I'm really statisfied so far. Just ordered two KabelDirekt VESA-certified DP cables mentioned earlier in this thread as I don't trust the included ones. Sadly my display at the office has two dead (black) pixels and the one at home two dead subpixels that I noticed incidentally. The iiyama customer service in Germany offered me sending photos per E-Mail and a possible exchange as goodwill. But I'm not sure if I should do it as I don't like the risk of receiving a new one with possible colorful stuck pixels (they would bother me more than the black ones). Apart everything is really great with my Displays. No backlight bleeding or clouding at all and I really love the pre-supplied settings and sharpness. What's your opinion? I just use them for Coding to replace my two old 16:9 ones.
Have a nice weekend!

Edit: Received the cables and I’m really satisfied. The quality seems pretty good.

Last edited:
Associate
Unsure if it`s been mentioned already as i couldn`t see any posts relating to this query,but " Are the 7mm black borders at the top and on both sides of this monitor normal,it looks like the screen does not fill the monitor to the bezel edges on every picture of it i`ve seen,can this be fixed or is this the way the monitor is supposed to be?:confused:

Associate
The led's don't go right to the surround, perfectly normal and even my Samsung Q90R tv is the same. It's just the design...
Cheers for your reply and info bud, i`ll stop messing about with the settings and trying to adjust it now, i new i should have just posted a question here in the first place, would have saved me some time and stress thinking it was a setting/fault with the monitor.:rolleyes::D

Associate
Hey there,
asking for your opinions. I got two of the GB3466WQSU-B1 monitors. One at my home and the other one at work. The one at work I had to replace 3 to 4 times due to flickering issues in normal desktop mode (either Windows or macOS). Now my monitor at home starts doing the same flickering. I changed the DP cables as well. I can't even reproduce it as it is so randomly. iiyama offered me to replace this one with the new model GB3467WQSU-B1. I'm having problems to decide right. After all this problems, I'm not sure if I want to stay with iiyama equipment at all. On the other side there is hope that the problems are gone with a complete new model. What do you think about it?
Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom