Illuminating CD loading tray?

Associate
sweet job there Day03 :)

hmm could you tell me a list of components that are needed to do this mod? :)
please ^_^

maybe doing a guide for us noobies would be nice as well :p

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Mark A said:
How did you know what sort of resistor to use?, is there some sort of formula for working it out?.

Mark

I just google for 'LED resistor calculator' and there were many pages which within a few seconds do the maths and tell you what you need.

Tosk said:
sweet job there Day03 :)

hmm could you tell me a list of components that are needed to do this mod? :)
please ^_^

maybe doing a guide for us noobies would be nice as well :p

There are not too many components that are needed. They are LEDs (as many as you want), 1x resistor, this plate for soldering your components together (sorry but I don't know what's called), some wire and a male molex plug. And a soldering gun :)
I've made my own switch which works well but you can try some kind of ready made micro switch.

Associate
what kind of resistor is that your using? and what size are the leds? 5mm at what voltage?

so i need.

1x resistor
1x PCB board
3 x 5mm leds
wires

thx

Associate
OP
welshtom said:
If you buy 12v LED's you wont need a resistor

If you put all the LEDs in series and their total forward voltage is 12V then you don't need a resistor. Different LEDs have different voltages usually ranging from 2V to 5v. Blue and white LEDs usually require 4-5V. If you put too many in a series and the total voltage is above 12V then they will not shine as bright.

Associate
OP
Jakal91 said:
Wow, that looks a lot better than i thought it would. I think you should stop the led's shining through the mesh though.

I think that's what I will do. then there will be this cool glow instead of the bright light shining in your eyes.

Associate
OP
Here is pic after I blocked out the LEDs from shining through the mesh

img52699ed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom