Im buying a hiper type r!!! :eek:

There were quality issues, but Coolermaster have sorted those out now, and they are very stable in my systems. I'd stay away from the ones with the LEDs though, just from a taste standpoint.

They are also incredibly long once you plug in a few connectors, so not really that useful in Micro-ATX cases either.

I do rate them though. And they can be had for bargain basement prices if you shop around.

Most are probably fine, but their seems to be a few dodgy ones still floating around... Eg mine which exploded and sparked and smoked within 0.1 seconds of having the mains plugged into it and a few other peoples...

Maybe if your going with a Hiper its best to buy from a shop in town like that "BIG computer shop" who do the Type R 580watt in the Carry Case for £64.99 then that way if it does go BANG you can shove it back in their face within 10 mins and get a refund or a replacement... ;) :p

Im really tempted to get the hiper because it comes in modular form and is cheaper than most other brand modular PSUs at the same wattage... hmm... just not 100% sure

I think Hiper are probably fine, remember a while back when Tagan were "OMG *** suxxor" because they were ticking, and before that if memory serves "OMG Enermex are *** suxxor" because they had a cold boot issue with some hardware combinations ;)
People normally only post when they have a problem, and a lot of people jump on the bandwagon with little or no personal experience of the product, let alone the problem themselves.

It's possible there was a batch of Hipers that had problems for some reason, but i've honestly not seen any more complaints about them than any other model of PSU, and Hiper's support is first rate if you need to contact them.

In my personal experience for example i've had a 14 month old Antec blow up on me, whilst a (now nearly) 3 year old Q-tech 550watt PSU is running fine (and acccording to half the forum the Q-tech should blow up and burn the house down as soon I connect the power to it:p)

Thx for that i think ill go for it :D and if it blows in my face i will be right back on the forums but from what ive heard about hiper theyll prob be more than happy to replace my psu

Comforting and sage advice Werewolf. :)

I just ordered a Hiper to see if it fixes the randomn instant powerloss problem that is plaguing my pc - currently I own a Tagan which I had been very happy with, up until i figured it was the cause of said problem.

I have been very disappointed by Tagan's rma service.. it's been over a week and a half since i spammed their email accounts and I still have no reply from their rma department and no rma #. :(

Seriously, I thought mine was ok, until i had to play COD2 basically for 24 hours straight. This PSU is serioulsy **** under load!

If you buy one after reading the other Hiper thread, your just being silly.

I`ve had a Hiper Type R 580 for a few months now ..
an iam more than happy with it, it`s quite looks good has plenty of cables which attach in a niffdy way .. in all its a damm sight better than the piece of C**P i had in my last tower ..

In fact when 2 off my m8`s had a look at it they went an got the same PSU aswell .. soo how`s that for selling it`s self :D

I just put in an order for the hiper 580W didnt do it with OcUK though since black was out of stock :mad: grr. Ive heard almost all makes of PSU exploding from various forums so im guessing its just people who are unlucky. Saying this i might wear a protective suit when switching on my comp for the first time lol :p

my second pc has a hiper type-r 480w non modular psu. it seems to be ok so far but only time will tell.

seems to be that either hiper psu will arrive DOA or blow up the second you plug it in, or it will last for a very long time.

I'm Running a Hiper 580W Type R with a X1900XTX, 4 Hard Drives, 2 Dual layer DVD Re-writers among other things and it runs like a dream, Best PSU I've ever had. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom