I'm clueless build...or first build in 30 years

Associate
Well I'm building a new pc, kinda for my kids, maybe a bit for me :) . My daughters like to play Sims and their old laptops won't keep it running very good so we decided to build a sort of gaming pc. The amazon guy visited yesterday

Associate
OP
So the amazon guy forgot one important piece.....or it's on back order....
IMG_3433_zpsyux3cyq0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
no motherboard in my delivery :(

Associate
OP
I built a few pc's back in the stone age but it seemed to be quite easy back then, so i'm giving it a shot again.
I decided to build my own budget machine vs purchasing prebuilt because I thought we could start with a few more premium pieces to avoid upgrading everything later.
I went with a Ryzen 3 because it comes with graphics already on it, I figured later when the budget allows we will get a dedicated graphics card.
The missing motherboard is a MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon.....mainly because it sounds cool :)
Only 1 storage device for now, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB, we will add a conventional drive if my kids start adding to much junk to it.
Only 8GB of memory for now...It will still be a massive upgrade to what we are used to.

Soldato
I went with a Ryzen 3 because it comes with graphics already on it,

The missing motherboard is a MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon.....mainly because it sounds cool :)

Only 1 storage device for now, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB
Ryzen doesn't come with integrated GPU.
Only APUs ending to G in model number have integrated GPU.

Usually buying fancy marketing words gets only garbage, but that B450 markering BS words Carbon is actually decent.
Unlike MSI's X570 board, which is pretty much scam for its price.

That Samsung SSD is heavily brand overpriced and cutting that Samsung tax would have likely given twice the capacity.
Especially with scarcity of M.2 slots capacity should have been prioritized over brand hype.
Also even SATA SSDs don't really perform much any slower in loading time of Windows and games and would have saved money in budget PC.

Associate
Is that your front door??? I actually do deliver for Amazon and he/she should never of left it like that. It should be left in a safe place, so out of sight, and he should have taken a picture of it, so the boxes should have been turned round so you can't see the delivery details

Associate
OP
Is that your front door??? I actually do deliver for Amazon and he/she should never of left it like that. It should be left in a safe place, so out of sight, and he should have taken a picture of it, so the boxes should have been turned round so you can't see the delivery details
Well yes it's the front door, but you can't see it from the road, it's on the side tucked in the house. And I was quite surprised also

Associate
looking forward to see how it gets on. Building really isn't much different than 30 yrs ago - screw the stuff together. M.2 is new though but again I don't think that you will find it difficult (screws are very small though).

Associate
OP
Yeah I didn’t figure it was very difficult to put together, could be move of an issue getting it running right, but that’s what the internet is for now :)

Associate
OP
Well the Amazon guy showed up with our motherboard.....assembly was pretty straightforward no big surprises, we didn’t have to flash the bios before as the board already had pretty new stuff on it

Back
Top Bottom