I'm in the wrong job! £60 an hour for playing make believe!

Soldato
OP
there is evidence, thousands of people have said they have seen ghosts and jinns. its just up to you not to believe them.

Thousands of people saw vampires too... and witches... But they're out of fashion now. So now it's ghost and aliens!?

With all the CCTV we have, not one piece of evidence? Strange!

Soldato
Typical OCUK never fails to be so predictable. Anything to do with Islam and you bash it straight away

Yeah, just like Christianity, Judaism, Mormonism, Astrology, homeopathy, Wiccan, Scientology, leprechauns, woo-woo, superstitions, myths...

of course you don't believe theres no such thing as jinn, thats because most of you are atheists, and to the christians or people who believe in evil spirits jinn is basically another word for ghosts or dark spirits.

No, it's being a skeptic (not sceptic). Not accepting claims without compelling evidence, which would involve logical and rational investigations and validation processes. Witness testimonies do not qualify. Especially testimonies from people with vested interests. Atheism is just the logical conclusion, not the other way around.

ffs some of you need to get a grip, some people are religious, some ain't, why do you persist in bashing a religion that you don't believe in.

Yes. We. Do! A lot of people make bad choices based on irrational beliefs and faulty logic. Separating the facts from the B.S. is an important skill. The mind can be easily manipulated (ask any magician or con artist). And the younger, the better.

The other problem with large religions and faith-based beliefs in general is how they deem themselves above any kind of rational scrutiny, just by calling on the claim to a higher power. The kind of scrutiny btw, that is the basis of the whole scientific enterprise and gave us all the modern comforts we (and they) enjoy. Well then, to hell with them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a question? how do you guys know there aint such things as jinns, ghosts, evil spirits? you don't. Just because you havent experienced such things doesnt mean they dont exist.

Sure. But I'll let Neil 'Badass' Tyson do the explaining of why it is 'improbable'.

That touches onto conspiracy theories, and the yearning for improbable things to be true, being a strong component of the human psyche.

Anyway, it's up to you to believe what you want, and reject all that rational, naturalistic view of the world, but that's the one I trust and I try to live by.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, just like Christianity, Judaism, Mormonism, Astrology, homeopathy, Wiccan, Scientology, leprechauns, woo-woo, superstitions, myths...

No, it's being a skeptic (not sceptic). Not accepting claims without compelling evidence, which would involve logical and rational investigations and validation processes. Witness testimonies do not qualify. Especially testimonies from people with vested interests. Atheism is just the logical conclusion, not the other way around.

Yes. We. Do! A lot of people make bad choices based on irrational beliefs and faulty logic. Separating the facts from the B.S. is an important skill. The mind can be easily manipulated (ask any magician or con artist). And the younger, the better.

The other problem with large religions and faith-based beliefs in general is how they deem themselves above any kind of rational scrutiny, just by calling on the claim to a higher power. The kind of scrutiny btw, that is the basis of the whole scientific enterprise and gave us all the modern comforts we (and they) enjoy. Well then, to hell with them.

Nicely put!

Associate
Sure. But I'll let Neil 'Badass' Tyson do the explaining of why it is 'improbable'.

That touches onto conspiracy theories, and the yearning for improbable things to be true, being a strong component of the human psyche.

Anyway, it's up to you to believe what you want, and reject all that rational, naturalistic view of the world, but that's the one I trust and I try to live by.

Haven't seen anything from this guy before. Didn't realize he was the badass guy. He explains everything so perfectly and I had a laugh watching some of his videos. :p

Back
Top Bottom