• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I'm way behind in gpus!

Don
So my gtx970 isn't as bad as i think then, that's a bonus, i only play at 1080p anyway , everything iv played so far on it is maxed out and gets plenty fps, thanks for the link :)

It'll be worse on cutting edge titles, but still a very capable "casual" card.

Even cards such as the 7850/7870 etc are surprisingly still capable given their age - the only thing that really is starting to limit them is 2GB of vram (which can be managed on older/"casual" games)

At the low-mid end of the market things haven't moved on a huge deal in the last 5+ years, all that has happened is that new tech/performance has been dumped into a new higher tier (e.g. the "baller tier" above), it hasn't trickled down as expected.

Soldato
Yes, well, that's because people just buy Nvidia without looking at the alternative. Not good for prices, as you'll begin to notice!

AMD need to improve their marketing strategy - they’re almost invisible compared to Nvidia. The AMD corporate identity is fairly weak and I think they’ve made some pretty awful decisions in terms of branding. Ryzen for example is a crap name and creates confusion - no one knows where we’re at and which generation we’re on as all are lumped under one identity.

While the Ryzen logo and branding isn’t old it’s aged far too quickly.

As far as the new Radeon card goes no one knew about it. Not good for sales.

Back
Top Bottom