Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Yeah, previous owners tubing was not the best to look at but was functional. I plan to retube it with hardwall but for now I am going to enjoy it for a while :)
Glad to hear it buddy. Make sure you turn that Corsair fan round so the sticker matches the one below....;)

Holy **** wtf. Why does it cost so much? What's special about it other than it being a whisky glass?
A singular glass is £25 (think I need to edit link as that price is for 2 glasses) - yep, comparatively expensive, but it's a nice gift to receive for something you enjoy. Not sure what the drama is?

A singular glass is £25 (think I need to edit link as that price is for 2 glasses) - yep, comparatively expensive, but it's a nice gift to receive for something you enjoy. Not sure what the drama is?

It's not even a proper whisky glass though is it?

I have 2 glencairn glasses and they are a completely different shape and style.

It was a gift? If that's the case it's more understandable but still seems a lot.

Bought a "cheap" second hand base system (too lazy in my old age to do a build from scratch) and upgraded it with 3 x NVME 2Tb cards in raid 0 for storage and beefed up the ram to 4 x 16Gb 3466Ghz Corsair Dominator ram :D

Final Spec

Intel i9 9980XE 4.6GHZ 24/7
64GB (4x16GB) DDR3466 Corsair RGB
Asus Rampage VI Omega Extreme
2x Inno3D X3 OC 2080ti with EK Waterblocks
480GB Intel Optane PCI-E NVMe SSD
2TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD (Windows Apps)
3 x 1.9TB Corsair MP510 NVMe SSD in Raid ) (storage)
Caselabs SMA8
Corsair LL RGB Fans (4x 120mm & 9x 140mm)
480mm XSPC Radiator (top)
280mm Black Ice Radiator (front)
560mm Black Ice Radiator (bottom)
Mayhems Blue Coolant
Mayhems 19/13mm soft tubing
EK Fittings
EK Quantum CPU Block
2x EK D5 RGB Pump & Res Combo - 2 loops, GPUs & CPU
Corsair AX1500i PSU
Windows 10 Pro OEM

You damn lazy copy & paster!

It's not even a proper whisky glass though is it?

I have 2 glencairn glasses and they are a completely different shape and style.
It's a proper whiskey glass for me as i enjoy drinking out of it. That's the point - and was a lovely gift from my kids. Plus, i was posting a link for a guy who wanted a weighted glass - and this glass has great weight.

I have other glasses (cut glass type traditional etc) - but prefer a plain weighted glass to drink out of - which is what matters ultimately, personal taste.

Never imagined a post about a simple glass to help someone would garner so much debate.

It's a proper whiskey glass for me as i enjoy drinking out of it. That's the point - and was a lovely gift from my kids. Plus, i was posting a link for a guy who wanted a weighted glass - and this glass has great weight.

I have other glasses (cut glass type traditional etc) - but prefer a plain weighted glass to drink out of - which is what matters ultimately, personal taste.

Never imagined a post about a simple glass to help someone would garner so much debate.

Yeah proper weighted glasses ain't cheap I've drank out a £50 weighted glass and it just feels solid in your hand.

You damn lazy copy & paster!

Hard tubing wasn't worth it when I built it as I was only doing it for me ;)

Why type it out again when you did such a good job in the first place ;) And there was me thinking you had built it just for me ;) But I know what you mean, hard tubing is a pain in the ****. Took me a week to do my last build with it.

PS Your signature is out of date ;)

My heavy garden centre glass was £4 :o

Anyway, just tried the Nikka from the barrel - got to say I’m rather disappointed. Was far too harsh neat so added some water and it was just rather bland and unforgettable. :(

Deffo my least favourite of the 3. Kind of worried for the other Japanese whiskies I bought now! :/

My heavy garden centre glass was £4 :o

Anyway, just tried the Nikka from the barrel - got to say I’m rather disappointed. Was far too harsh neat so added some water and it was just rather bland and unforgettable. :(

Deffo my least favourite of the 3. Kind of worried for the other Japanese whiskies I bought now! :/
I would imagine it's an acquired taste ;)

My heavy garden centre glass was £4
If it's comfy in the hand and enjoyable to drink out of - price is irrelevant.

Yeah, i didn't mention this last night as i didn't want to bring a downer to your evening - but i've not drank a Japanese whiskey that i like as much as Scottisch Malts :(

But you may get lucky/different pallet - you've got a few to try...

I would imagine it's an acquired taste ;)
If it's comfy in the hand and enjoyable to drink out of - price is irrelevant.

Yeah, i didn't mention this last night as i didn't want to bring a downer to your evening - but i've not drank a Japanese whiskey that i like as much as Scottisch Malts :(

But you may get lucky/different pallet - you've got a few to try...
Yeah perhaps it’s just my palette or whatever, but kind of bummed after such staggering good reviews online. I mean, it’s better than the bottom of the barrel Bells etc and a little better than the super disappointing Jura Courage... but ultimately it’s uninteresting. Huh.

bought the triffid on the left that looks like a bare trunk for £80 ,will look better when the leaves grow !
sort of a gateway to the next section of garden

2604yky.jpg

from a distance

2u4tsoi.jpg

Very nice! Would feel right at home there.

I mean, it’s better than the bottom of the barrel Bells etc and a little better than the super disappointing Jura Courage... but ultimately it’s uninteresting. Huh.
I know what you mean - i struggled with the harsh almost dry after taste of the Japanese Malts, that I've had bought for me in the past.

What i will say - is that it's best to stick to the one bottle, to let your palette become accustomed - it may learn to appreciate the taste. Because as soon as you mix in another Malt - that your palette is expecting/accustomed - you will have to start all over again.

*You'll be hammered in a matter of minutes trying to force your taste buds to validate your purchases :D

I know what you mean - i struggled with the harsh almost dry after taste of the Japanese Malts, that I've had bought for me in the past.

What i will say - is that it's best to stick to the one bottle, to let your palette become accustomed - it may learn to appreciate the taste. Because as soon as you mix in another Malt - that your palette is expecting/accustomed - you will have to start all over again.

*You'll be hammered in a matter of minutes trying to force your taste buds to validate your purchases :D
Interesting, I’ll take that advice, thanks. Makes sense.

Just had the one glass of Nikka this evening. It was so strong / harsh (and completely unlike the Scot malts of yesterday) that I had to go and add water twice and it STILL felt aggressive. Lying in bed and feeling very drunk indeed. Oh dear o_O

Back
Top Bottom