Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

They're Audioengine A2's.
Thanks.

Going to assume a lot here and think you're a little bit if an 'audiophile' as i remember the classic Bang an Oulsen that i commented on in a previous post. How do you find the sound with Audioengine D1 DAC(?) run through soundcard/onboard?

I'm upgrading my whole system in a few months - the lot - including speakers and AKG K702 headphones (their use mainly for music, radio 4/5 and light gaming) and want a decent balance between size and sound. Your office space is isn't that dissimilar to mine and the speakers about the right size - would you mind evaluating the sound quality of the speakers?

No worries if i've assumed wrong - especially if you don't use them for music... :)

Thanks.

Going to assume a lot here and think you're a little bit if an 'audiophile' as i remember the classic Bang an Oulsen that i commented on in a previous post. How do you find the sound with Audioengine D1 DAC(?) run through soundcard/onboard?

I'm upgrading my whole system in a few months - the lot - including speakers and AKG K702 headphones (their use mainly for music, radio 4/5 and light gaming) and want a decent balance between size and sound. Your office space is isn't that dissimilar to mine and the speakers about the right size - would you mind evaluating the sound quality of the speakers?

No worries if i've assumed wrong - especially if you don't use them for music... :)

You are correct re the audiophile thing (although I don't like that term!) and the main system I have is Meridian and KEF Reference based. I've had the A2's for a while now and for the price/size I find them to be quite detailed but also warm sounding - very pleasing overall. They are a little light on bass but it is possible to connect them to an active subwoofer which I did do in my old house when I had a little more room. The DAC is connected to the PC via USB.

There's a newer version of the A2's out now.

Two questions

What's the little block of wood for, and why do you have the wrong console?

Other than that it look fantastic :)

Thank you. The wooden block is a coaster. The Switch is great!

audiophile thing (although I don't like that term!)
Agreed - if not for the fact auto-correct could cripple reputations.

I find them to be quite detailed but also warm sounding - very pleasing overall. They are a little light on bass
Excellent, thanks. And oddly enough the latter was what i was hoping to read - lack of bass rather than the words 'trebly'.

Agreed - if not for the fact auto-correct could cripple reputations.

Excellent, thanks. And oddly enough the latter was what i was hoping to read - lack of bass rather than the words 'trebly'.

One thing which did make a surprising difference for the speakers was the stands. They're relatively expensive for what they are but do a good job of angling the speakers upwards and making things noticeably clearer when seated.

One thing which did make a surprising difference for the speakers was the stands. They're relatively expensive for what they are but do a good job of angling the speakers upwards and making things noticeably clearer when seated.
Sorry, missed this - I couldn't fit that addition into my setup unfortunately (3 screens) but height of speaker alone would fit if i raised setup a fraction - but thanks, good to know.

Built a nice new gaming PC, but still was using a crappy MS keyboard. That just wouldn't do, so I noticed the K95 platinum with blues (which I love as I type a lot), has been reduced to £130. Couldn't resist. Absolutely love it, it's glorious to type on. Adore the clickiness and the RGB. Apparently it's got over 16 million colours, so I'll go through every one until I find my favourite.

qN0W5h3l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom