Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

That house is absolutely baller. Sometimes coming on here is depressing, bloody millionaires should have their own internet or something.

Life goals.

Or…

Don't compare yourself to others, that does nothing but bring on the negativity. Instead just appreciate it. We are essentially in the top 5% of the world, much better off than billions of people.

I have basically the same sofa setup in our TV room, different leather and colour. Great for chilling with family and friends, especially gaming/cinema night - it's more of a lounging sofa than a seating sofa :D

Sadly I couldn't keep my Bengal and his claws away from it, or anything else in the house for that matter. Long story short, I am sans Bengal. I should have chosen a breed like yours, or less expensive furniture. I miss you George (the cat).

New speakers.... cheap solution to buying a new TV.
Till I get the urge to buy again.
Impressed by the sound so far for the price tag.
rBopNNo.jpg
emBdbMb.jpg

Picked my new rig up yesterday.

New-Ryzen-Rig.jpg

Specs :-

Ryzen 7 3700X
Corsair h100i Platinum 240mm AIO RGB
Gigabyte Aorus x570 Pro Motherboard
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand Sync 850w RGB PSU
16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 RGB Ram CL16
2x Samsung 1Tb SSDs
MSI 2070 Super Gaming X-Trio
Win 10 Home
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X case, in Galaxy Silver.

Just on setting her up, got to get me Steam and what nots on now :p

Very sleek - agree with @Raymond Lin regarding contrast - you need a couple of toddlers, looped out on sugar, armed with an assortment of acrylics and given free reign of a blank canvas.

*That singular hanging cable from the TV must be driving you nuts? :D

Thank you. Will definitely be adding some colour - just getting the main components in and will then be adding. Have seen some nice Pollock prints which I'm keen on. Will also be adding slabs of colour by making some acoustic panels (see below for ones I made previously - the Lucia acoustic fabric range comes in a decent selection of colours so there's a good opportunity to do something quite striking there ...).

Will make a cover for the cable - did something similar in my last place but it will need to also cover the plug sockets which are also exposed.

9GaSGwO.jpg

I have basically the same sofa setup in our TV room, different leather and colour. Great for chilling with family and friends, especially gaming/cinema night - it's more of a lounging sofa than a seating sofa :D

Sadly I couldn't keep my Bengal and his claws away from it, or anything else in the house for that matter. Long story short, I am sans Bengal. I should have chosen a breed like yours, or less expensive furniture. I miss you George (the cat).

Yes, basically a place for lounging around in rather than a formal place to sit! Ragdolls seem to be pretty placid so hoping damage can be kept to a minimum ...

Room looks epic, CAT LOOKS AMAZING. <3

Thank you :)

Will also be adding slabs of colour by making some acoustic panels (see below for ones I made previously - the Lucia acoustic fabric range comes in a decent selection of colours so there's a good opportunity to do something quite striking there ...).
You know that acoustical word you dislike so much? I'm guessing you've heard it a lot :D Nice setup - and how effective did you find the panels considering relatively low ceilings and floor (from pic)?

Will make a cover for the cable - did something similar in my last place but it will need to also cover the plug sockets which are also exposed.
Definitely stealing this idea as i can't feed any more cables down my existing channel. Making a feature of it rather than disguising cables with trunking is genius - blends in well and accessibility would be so much easier too. Would you mind explaining how you made it - materials/etc?

You know that acoustical word you dislike so much? I'm guessing you've heard it a lot :D Nice setup - and how effective did you find the panels considering relatively low ceilings and floor (from pic)?

Definitely stealing this idea as i can't feed any more cables down my existing channel. Making a feature of it rather than disguising cables with trunking is genius - blends in well and accessibility would be so much easier too. Would you mind explaining how you made it - materials/etc?

The acoustic panels were easily the cheapest and most effective upgrade I made; the sound improvement was massive. I also made some for one of the side walls in different colours. Acoustic treatment is probably the most overlooked part of getting the most out of your system - buy some nice equipment and wonder why it doesn't sound as good as it could - there's your answer.

Regarding the panel, yes, much better to make a feature out of it rather that than have some thin trunking stuck to the wall as an afterthought. I made it out of a section of 6mm MDF and epoxy'd some 1/4 round sections of wood to the vertical edges. I then covered that in blackboard vinyl I had from another project and covered it in speaker cloth (stapled to the back of the 1/4 rounds). The speaker cloth softens the look and makes it seem more 'A/V' if you know what I'm getting at. To attach/hang I screwed 2 wood batons to the wall and lined up a couple of corresponding blocks on the back of the panel so I could simply push it into place - plus a bit of blu-tac along the batons (may be better to use small pieces of self adhesive velcro). Hope that makes sense.

I may go slightly wider with the panel this time.

Thank you. Will definitely be adding some colour - just getting the main components in and will then be adding. Have seen some nice Pollock prints which I'm keen on. Will also be adding slabs of colour by making some acoustic panels

You could perhaps check out some art student sales or similar by young artists and get something original... added bonus that on the off chance they start to become well known then you'd have an investment too.

You could always get some custom printing done on the acoustic panels perhaps too.

The acoustic panels were easily the cheapest and most effective upgrade I made; the sound improvement was massive. I also made some for one of the side walls in different colours. Acoustic treatment is probably the most overlooked part of getting the most out of your system - buy some nice equipment and wonder why it doesn't sound as good as it could - there's your answer.
Interesting thanks. I've not had the need to - or more precisely - not felt the need to, as we had carpet and lots of wall hangings. But since renovating - mandatory open plan, wooden floors very similar bifolds to you (how scary was the steel/lintel going in for you?) etc, the sound has completely changed - and i feel these may benefit. Did you feel you needed the depth - or was that for aesthetics?

Regarding the panel, yes, much better to make a feature out of it rather that than have some thin trunking stuck to the wall as an afterthought. I made it out of a section of 6mm MDF and epoxy'd some 1/4 round sections of wood to the vertical edges. I then covered that in blackboard vinyl I had from another project and covered it in speaker cloth (stapled to the back of the 1/4 rounds). The speaker cloth softens the look and makes it seem more 'A/V' if you know what I'm getting at. To attach/hang I screwed 2 wood batons to the wall and lined up a couple of corresponding blocks on the back of the panel so I could simply push it into place - plus a bit of blu-tac along the batons (may be better to use small pieces of self adhesive velcro). Hope that makes sense.

I may go slightly wider with the panel this time.
Excellent - thanks for the comprehensive reply. I think i get the general gist and the A/V comment makes sense - and is noticeable in pic (softens the look too). My wife may want to play with colours though so i may lose on that score...

Cheers, @ThereIs0nly0ne - you've saved me from making more holes in my freshly painted wall. But the biggest bonus is accessibility - such a PITA upgrading cables or if something fails with channels.

You could perhaps check out some art student sales or similar by young artists and get something original... added bonus that on the off chance they start to become well known then you'd have an investment too.

You could always get some custom printing done on the acoustic panels perhaps too.

That’s a very good idea re the art - will keep an eye open for that. The simplicity of the panels with a single colour on each can be quite striking. I’m toying with the idea of making 3 in different colours to go down one section of wall area - DIY art at its easiest!

Interesting thanks. I've not had the need to - or more precisely - not felt the need to, as we had carpet and lots of wall hangings. But since renovating - mandatory open plan, wooden floors very similar bifolds to you (how scary was the steel/lintel going in for you?) etc, the sound has completely changed - and i feel these may benefit. Did you feel you needed the depth - or was that for aesthetics?

Excellent - thanks for the comprehensive reply. I think i get the general gist and the A/V comment makes sense - and is noticeable in pic (softens the look too). My wife may want to play with colours though so i may lose on that score...

Cheers, @ThereIs0nly0ne - you've saved me from making more holes in my freshly painted wall. But the biggest bonus is accessibility - such a PITA upgrading cables or if something fails with channels.

I did quite a bit of research on acoustic treatment in terms of the right materials (rockwool type/density, transparency of acoustic material, placement etc). The depth of the panel can play quite a significant part in absorbing certain frequencies. The deeper the panel, the better it is for lower frequencies (thinner panels will just absorb higher frequencies). These were 10cm deep which seemed to be recommended for decent bass traps. I also made some 30cm deep 'boxes' to go in the corners but you can't see those in the picture - apparently bass likes corners which if untreated can ruin the tightness of it.

Open plan is certainly a challenge acoustically - fortunately my wife liked the previous panels and also likes the idea of 'slabs of colour' so have already bought the rockwool for the project.

Strangely, the new sofa seems to have improved the sound - it may be that there's just less open space as the other sofas are still there - fewer reflections and all that ...

Last edited:
In short, more stuff in a room improves its sound. Cheap easy way to do a home studio - put loads of couches in, then fill corners and spaces with... Stuff!

Back
Top Bottom