Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

UaHyd6l.jpg.png

After a month wait, finally got my Ashley Isles chisels. I was going to go for Veritas, but decided to support a British maker as they seem to get great reviews and are a fair bit cheaper as well. They seem really well made, although will need some fettling to get them perfect. Going to flatten and polish the backs and get them scary sharp tomorrow.

After a month wait, finally got my Ashley Isles chisels. I was going to go for Veritas, but decided to support a British maker as they seem to get great reviews and are a fair bit cheaper as well. They seem really well made, although will need some fettling to get them perfect. Going to flatten and polish the backs and get them scary sharp tomorrow.

What are you using them for?

What are you using them for?
I'm slowly building up some decent tools to start making furniture and other wooden projects. These will be used for fine paring work and dovetailing.

i3XZx9y.jpg.png

They're nicely balanced and about 50g lighter than an equivalent sized bevel edge chisel and the sides are a lot finer for getting into tight corners. The red Footprint chisel is actually on the fine side compared to most modern chisels, so it shows how fine these are. The Footprint chisels i'll use for heavy duty mallet work, like doing mortise holes.

Back
Top Bottom