Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Funnily enough, I did get some wood as a Christmas present (Jack Daniels flavoured) for weber gas bbq smokey box - obviously that was before I saw this on offer haha :D

Any tips greatly appreciated. Is it worth buying the Chimney starter?

First to cook is definitely going to be pork ribs! :) :)

Thanks

Chimney starters are quite handy, you can get much cheaper alternatives compared to the Weber one!

Your first smoke will be without meat, this both cleans and seasons the inside.

Best advise, remote digital thermometers, dual probe ideally. I went for the ThermoPro TP20, works well.

The differences are so subtle that you can’t tell the difference unless you sit 1 foot away from the tv.

I’ve don’t plenty of testing. :)

Netflix 4k is very good but I can tell the difference a lot when using my oppo 203 player, 2001: A Space Odyssey for example on 4k disc is breathtaking.

Chimney starters are quite handy, you can get much cheaper alternatives compared to the Weber one!

Your first smoke will be without meat, this both cleans and seasons the inside.

Best advise, remote digital thermometers, dual probe ideally. I went for the ThermoPro TP20, works well.

Thanks

I do have a bluetooth digital thermometer already :)

Any advice on coal, worth spending for the better stuff?

Someone needs new glasses ;)
Nope, I've had a good quality UHD player with my LG OLED TV and the differences weren't enough to justify the cost of UHD films which is why i chose the Apple 4K TV instead and watch my films digitally.

I know overall a dedicated blu-ray player will give the user a better experience but i like convenience. :)

Couldn't resist the offer - Weber Smokey Mountain

Bigger one for me :)

uc

Yes! That's a fantastic price for those as well. I've got the 57cm but am really tempted to get the small one too. Firing up the big one for a couple of short ribs is a bit excessive sometimes but the missus would kill me if I had four BBQs on the patio.

Now just get yourself over to the BBQ thread in La Cuisine. :)

IQ difference between streaming 4k and UHD disc is massive hence why i rent the things, we still have Netflix and Prime but that only gets used in the Lounge.

Apple TV 4k is rubbish Atmos support is pathetic my latest gen one is sat in a cupboard rotting whilst the new Nvidia shield does a superb job at everything.

The difference between 4K Blu ray disc & 4k streaming from an 4K apple TV is not worth the price and hassle

Even in many tests they say you need to pause the picture and look from only a few feet away to see any differences

Back
Top Bottom