Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

It's so weird that we're in this position where the product isn't designed to withstand its own purpose, and we're totally ok with paying hundreds of pounds for that.

It's so weird that we're in this position where the product isn't designed to withstand its own purpose, and we're totally ok with paying hundreds of pounds for that.
In rolls the Samsung Galaxy Active line...

And out it rolls again just like every other beefed up stock phone (to my dismay).

It does withstand quite a lot and it costs a tenner for a case that will protect it from large (6ft) drops.

Mine withstands it's purpose without a case?

It's a bit like saying a car isn't designed to withstand its purpose because if you crash it, it often wont work afterwards.

Mine withstands it's purpose without a case?

It's a bit like saying a car isn't designed to withstand its purpose because if you crash it, it often wont work afterwards.

No it's not and I knew you'd beeline for this after our last clash here.

If the phone needs a case because it's unable to withstand day to day use without being damaged/scuffed/scratched it's not like your car example. The same example with a car would be you are worried about the paintwork of your car so you add rubber bumpers around the outside and put a protective film/plastic over all the painted surfaces.

And to answer further responses, yes I know some people do that, and yes I have a case on my phone. It was merely a whimsical thought about how we all have to add cases to our phones because they're delicate, but we cart them around in our pockets and bags like they're not. That's it really :(

Edit: you all win

No it's not and I knew you'd beeline for this after our last clash here.

If the phone needs a case because it's unable to withstand day to day use without being damaged/scuffed/scratched it's not like your car example. The same example with a car would be you are worried about the paintwork of your car so you add rubber bumpers around the outside and put a protective film/plastic over all the painted surfaces.

And to answer further responses, yes I know some people do that, and yes I have a case on my phone. It was merely a whimsical thought about how we all have to add cases to our phones because they're delicate, but we cart them around in our pockets and bags like they're not. That's it really :(

Edit: you all win

I agree with you. We get all these super sexy looking phones, some even with glass backs and the first thing we have to do is to put them in a case to stop them getting damaged and with most cases you then cant even see that beautiful glass back.

Mental.

More toys! Some new brushes for myself as I managed to lose mine somewhere and it's been annoying having to borrow other peoples and a Grigri for the missus to give her, (and me), a bit more confidence in holding me with a 50% weight difference.

5qV6Y5Kl.jpg

j0Beao9l.jpg

I agree with you. We get all these super sexy looking phones, some even with glass backs and the first thing we have to do is to put them in a case to stop them getting damaged and with most cases you then cant even see that beautiful glass back.

Mental.

I never get the point in glass backs on phones. I see loads of people with smashed up backs, at least the old metal iPhone housings seemed a bit more idiot proof.

I never get the point in glass backs on phones. I see loads of people with smashed up backs, at least the old metal iPhone housings seemed a bit more idiot proof.
The glass back is there for Apple's benefit and not their customers. It allows them to advertise a shiny new feature and then gets them more revenue when people crack them. It's a brilliant business model really.

More toys! Some new brushes for myself as I managed to lose mine somewhere and it's been annoying having to borrow other peoples and a Grigri for the missus to give her, (and me), a bit more confidence in holding me with a 50% weight difference.

5qV6Y5Kl.jpg

I've seen these brushes about and been very tempted to try them. I'm just about at a point in my bouldering where I can justify brushing the holds and not look like it's actually just me who's the problem.

I've seen these brushes about and been very tempted to try them. I'm just about at a point in my bouldering where I can justify brushing the holds and not look like it's actually just me who's the problem.

They were expensive compared to other brushes, but I'm trying to limit plastic usage and like supporting small businesses. They should last me a good while too as he'll replace the bristles for a small charge when they're worn and supposedly they're not as harsh on the rock either. Now the only excuse I have for falling off is my weakness.. :D

Or you could say there not designed to withstand clumsy people :D:p:D
As Mobile phones don't normally break unless you drop them

Back
Top Bottom