Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Why would you be displeased with eating goat :confused: did she give a reason, its not like its seen as a pet in the uk, like rabbits which seems to be some peoples reason.

Old and set in her ways. Had never eaten goat before and I guess had never thought of doing so. Odd, as she would have eaten a load of rabbit when younger, which was the staple in supermarkets before chickens became farmed on a huge scale.

I really like goat. Bit more texture and flavour than other meats.

Soldato
Most people dont realise that goat is the most eaten meat int he entire world. Just the UK never seemed to get into goat.

Shame really as from memory its got the least fat and most iron of any meat we eat as well.

Only because 1.6 billion do not eat pig at a matter of 'rule', else pig would win supreme.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Only because 1.6 billion do not eat pig at a matter of 'rule', else pig would win supreme.

**Non sequitur klaxon**.

Who can tell what people would or wouldn't eat if they weren't constrained by fairy stories. Just because Muslims and Jews don't eat pork because their old book says they shouldn't, doesn't mean they would prefer it given the choice. Personally, I much prefer lamb/mutton/goat over pork because I prefer the taste.

Man of Honour
lamb/mutton, by far the best meat, shame about its price.

stronger than beef, but not over powering like much game meat.

still need to try lamb bacon, if its as epic as I imagine it is.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
How much was your goat?

And have you the ***** to buy a live one and kill it yourself?

My goat was £120. From that I will get at least 30 meals (40, including soup etc.) Good value as far as I'm concerned.

Had I the equipment to humanely and legally kill a goat, I would have no qualms doing so.
Quite rightly, there are strict regulations regarding the humane dispatch of livestock (unless ones fairy-tale book suggests otherwise - apparently), so I would never undertake such an activity at home.
I have dispatched and dressed rabbits and chickens in the past as well as dress larger stock (Lambs, pigs etc) that have been slaughtered in accordance with humane practices.

Associate
14693954_1668223053489239_6445098245877137408_n.jpg
[/IMG]

This.. :D

Soldato

I thought it was pork, as the Chinese love it, and there's a lot of Chinese out there to raise the numbers. I googled and got this:

Meat consumed by the most people: goat (but not a large amount of goat, in mass, gets eaten, because most of those people don't eat a lot of meat). Meat consumed in the largest amount (by mass): pork, followed by poultry then beef (because the developed world eats the most meat by far, and not much goat).
So in numbers a few more people eat a bit of goat, but there's a lot more pork eaten by weight. I guess it depends how you want to measure it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Most people dont realise that goat is the most eaten meat int he entire world. Just the UK never seemed to get into goat.

Shame really as from memory its got the least fat and most iron of any meat we eat as well.

Not according to a BBC documentary that was on a couple of years ago and not according to Google.
Pork is the most widely consumed meat in the world, followed by poultry, beef, and mutton.
I did read a report where goat is eaten by a lot more people but they don't have much of it.

Man of Honour
Picked up a Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse 2 for the office so I can use my MBP in clamshell mode

3oiN75g.jpg

The office is slowly coming together in the new house, got some more furniture coming today and then some canvas prints and it will be done. I must say the Noble chair is absolutely incredible. So so comfy, expensive but well worth it!

Associate
Picked up a Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse 2 for the office so I can use my MBP in clamshell mode

The office is slowly coming together in the new house, got some more furniture coming today and then some canvas prints and it will be done. I must say the Noble chair is absolutely incredible. So so comfy, expensive but well worth it!

Is that the mouse with the really crap way of charging?

(usb port underneath so you can't charge it and use it at the same time?)

Caporegime
Not according to a BBC documentary that was on a couple of years ago and not according to Google.
Pork is the most widely consumed meat in the world, followed by poultry, beef, and mutton.
I did read a report where goat is eaten by a lot more people but they don't have much of it.

Nope google it again. Goat is eaten by more people, pork by more volume/weight.

Back
Top Bottom