Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Some clamps

1000073274-01.jpg

Mini clamps

1000073275-01.jpg

Spots a potential Casio G Shock as well :)

Commissario
Thought I'd give this Tapo stuff a go

Uh9Kjst.jpg
I actually got one of their pan and tilt cameras the other day, i'm really quite impressed with it as it seems the quality is on a par with the Hikvision camera I put out the front about 8 years ago, and the tapo only cost £40.
Obviously not the best, but for my use case (basically back patio) seems good enough, especially as it's not an area where people can get to without passing the hikvision cameras first (as much as anything I want to see if it catches the badgers).

I've also got a couple of the indoor pan and tilt cameras IIRC £26 each for when I'm out if I need to check on my father, they're positioned to cover the living room, hall and kitchen so if he doesn't answer the phone or triggers his alarm I can see if he's on the floor, asleep in his chair etc). My nephew saw those ones and immediately bought a couple as baby monitors as they cost a fraction of what a less capable baby monitor did :p

Soldato
I actually got one of their pan and tilt cameras the other day, i'm really quite impressed with it as it seems the quality is on a par with the Hikvision camera I put out the front about 8 years ago, and the tapo only cost £40.
Obviously not the best, but for my use case (basically back patio) seems good enough, especially as it's not an area where people can get to without passing the hikvision cameras first (as much as anything I want to see if it catches the badgers).

I've also got a couple of the indoor pan and tilt cameras IIRC £26 each for when I'm out if I need to check on my father, they're positioned to cover the living room, hall and kitchen so if he doesn't answer the phone or triggers his alarm I can see if he's on the floor, asleep in his chair etc). My nephew saw those ones and immediately bought a couple as baby monitors as they cost a fraction of what a less capable baby monitor did :p

I have a much higher priced Reolink 360 camera out front with a Reolink video doorbell and tbh I would have bought the Tapo 360 if I had realised just how good the video quality was. With the only negative (for front only) is it only being available in white, which would stand out too much.

We have front and rear on 24/7 with a mix of Reolink (front) & Tapo (rear + inside) with the inside probably the same as you have, with the pan & tilt + follow function, which are set to come on, as we leave the house.

All camera's connect to my dual mesh network without any issues, which is something the cheaper camera's sometimes struggle with.

Associate

I have Blink cameras at the moment which require the ongoing subscription costs to keep recordings, these look like it's all onboard and there isn't a cost after the initial purchase. Is it a one off cost to set it up? :)

Last edited:
Commissario
I have Blink cameras at the moment which require the ongoing subscription costs to keep recordings, these look like it's all onboard and there isn't a cost after the initial purchase. Is it a one off cost to set it up? :)
Yup

If you pop an SD card in them you don't need to sub to access recordings, although obviously the footage is vulnerable if the camera is nicked or destroyed, I believe you can also hook them up to various PVR's and software for your own local off camera recordings (probably something like an old laptop would be ideal).

Associate
Yup

If you pop an SD card in them you don't need to sub to access recordings, although obviously the footage is vulnerable if the camera is nicked or destroyed, I believe you can also hook them up to various PVR's and software for your own local off camera recordings (probably something like an old laptop would be ideal).
I'm going to change my Ring doorbell to something like this when my current subscription runs out (I paid for 1 year and the cost has increased exponentially so won't renew).

Commissario
I'm going to change my Ring doorbell to something like this when my current subscription runs out (I paid for 1 year and the cost has increased exponentially so won't renew).
Makes sense.

I don't like the idea of being tied into a subscription to use something like the expected basic features of a camera, especially when as you say the price has increased exponentially as that seems to be the way of all such services, they get you to buy the gear then up the ongoing cost massively because they know they've got you and that you are less likely to move to a new system when it requires buying all new equipment (or content).

I've actually got a wired Ring Camera (with it's PSU) sat on the side unopened as I got a bundle with an Echo where it was cheaper to get the doorbell and echo show than just the echo, knowing it's largely useless for it's extra features without a sub I'm unlikely to use it (my brother in law keeps saying he'll pick it up:)).

Last edited:
Soldato
It is odd as when looking for cameras, I found that some of the Blink cameras require subscriptions whilst others don't. For example, with the original version of the XT2 the recordings are stored and accessible in the app with the ability to have alerts sent to my phone when they're triggered. But that functionality looks like it's only available with a paid subscription on the latest version of the camera, and indeed with their other cameras. No idea why, but I'm not complaining!

Last edited:
Soldato

An trio of c200s here for baby cams. Brilliant things. One is terrifying as it has fallen off a shelf 3 or 4 times (forgotten it does the calibration routine when it recovers from a power loss lol).

Have it integrated to Home Assistant with WebRTC giving perfect streaming. Only downside is getting it setup when you're on holiday and WiFi is a captive portal or something.

Associate
This jigsaw arrived today. I'm slowly replacing my commonly used corded tools with cordless and the platform I use is DeWalt (currently have 6x 5Ah batteries). The Bosch corded jigsaw I own is pretty good but the need for an extension every time I use it outside is annoying. The DeWalt uses the same blades thankfully because I have dozens.

Back
Top Bottom