Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
I'll never get rid of my CD/DVD/Blu-ray collection. There are so many things that just are not on streaming services (mainly talking about DVDs and Blu-rays here).

I do have everything ripped and stored on a server for playback over Volumio, but it's just not quite the same.

The dream would be some re-issues onto Vinyl, but i don't see it happening with some of my favourite albums :(

Soldato
Getting rid of my CD collection was one of the toughest things i've ever done ahead of relocating. There was a lot of crap, but i do wish i'd kept a select few rather than get rid of them all :(
I've read a lot of good books, but they don't remind me of anything other than, reading the book. Every CD and LP I have has memories of times past associated with it, even the bloody awful stuff I regret buying :p

Commissario
Bought one of these...

2lvXsoH.jpeg
Sorry, what is this? A stock image?

Soldato
I'll never get rid of my CD/DVD/Blu-ray collection. There are so many things that just are not on streaming services (mainly talking about DVDs and Blu-rays here).
Same. I might end up needing a warehouse bigger than Amazon have in the UK for my stuff but I've got loads of stuff, as you say DVD and Blu-ray) that I don't think I would be able to find on any streaming service.
Thought I'd give this Tapo stuff a go
Good idea! I think you'll quite enjoy it and they've got quite the range to choose from and buy into! ;)

Soldato
As someone who struggles to listen I find I don't really take in the story if Im listening.

I also get fidgety because I'm not "doing" enough and get distracted.

Opposite for me and have enjoyed some good audio books in the shower, well, apart from Romesh Ranganathan and Ant Middleton, which should only be played if others are close by.

Caporegime
Opposite for me and have enjoyed some good audio books in the shower, well, apart from Romesh Ranganathan and Ant Middleton, which should only be played if others are close by.
Its always been an issue with sounds. I can't remember birds from their calls. I can't remember directions from spoken word. And people's names, I always forget because it's something people say when you first meet them and I'm concentrating on body language etc.

Soldato
Its always been an issue with sounds. I can't remember birds from their calls. I can't remember directions from spoken word. And people's names, I always forget because it's something people say when you first meet them and I'm concentrating on body language etc.

If listened without distraction (shower) I find it fine, although I can pretty much zero out distractions.

But, imo it has to be a well narrated audio book, as above the two that were awful I finished, but can hardly remember what was spoken about.

Back
Top Bottom