Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
600 is my guaranteed minimum. Hard wired I'm not even close. Using my gigabit home plugs I'm getting around 190mb. Apparently with me getting 500 on WiFi that is more than adequate according to sky which is absolute horse ****

If openreach don't sort it, I'll just cancel, I'm still within the two week cool off period
What do you get plugged in directly without the home plugs? Also what up and downlink speed is the routers management page reporting?

Last edited:
Soldato
All the stuff (just turned up) I could.have done with this morning to finish off the jobs I started yesterday .....

1000075416-01.jpg

Suspended
600 is my guaranteed minimum. Hard wired I'm not even close. Using my gigabit home plugs I'm getting around 190mb. Apparently with me getting 500 on WiFi that is more than adequate according to sky which is absolute horse ****

If openreach don't sort it, I'll just cancel, I'm still within the two week cool off period
What do you get with Ethernet direct to your router? Homeplugs are not reliable at all, WiFi is better.

Associate
What do you get plugged in directly without the home plugs? Also what up and downlink speed is the routers management page reporting?
anywhere between about 190 & 390. The very first time I plugged directly into it,I saw 1.2gbps and finished on 800mbps. Every test after that has ranged between 190-390mbps. They sent me out a new router which was exactly the same. I have also tried various different cat6 cables.

DownStream Connection Speed999900
UpStream Connection Speed115000

Associate
What do you get with Ethernet direct to your router? Homeplugs are not reliable at all, WiFi is better.
anywhere between about 190 & 390. The very first time I plugged directly into it,I saw 1.2gbps and finished on 800mbps. Every test after that has ranged between 190-390mbps

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Questyle M15i heapdhones amplifier. My mission to find an amp that can drive sensitive 14 ohm planars with sound that truly leverages them or doesn't switch to protection mode as 14 ohm is too sensitive for them.... has been difficult... and I'm not spending £1200+ on headphone amplification as one person suggested....

fPXRCLv.jpeg

This is it, smaller than a matchbox and uses patented tech via current mode drive instead of voltage to drive any heapdhone you plug in, has 4.4mm balanced output, puts out sound volume that beats the previous amps I bought and returned (DX3 Pro+ and Fiio K7), and is powered by USB, What is this black magic... Online commentary says this thing matches or beats a Schitt stack and I can easily believe that though have not heard a Schitt yet.

What a time to be alive in the world of audio micro electronics innovations.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gave it a blast this morning, works great.

The shaver itself is nice and light, feels good in the hand.
Took 5 min to cut my hair still at 95% charge, shaver head is attached by magnets and just pulls off for an easy clean.
IDyypuxl.jpg

23BWDcgl.jpg

26G6RzJl.jpg

Getting mine delivered today.

Had a few £ left on a gift card so only cost £25.

Soldato
Questyle M15i heapdhones amplifier. My mission to find an amp that can drive sensitive 14 ohm planars with sound that truly leverages them or doesn't switch to protection mode as 14 ohm is too sensitive for them.... has been difficult... and I'm not spending £1200+ on headphone amplification as one person suggested....

fPXRCLv.jpeg

This is it, smaller than a matchbox and uses patented tech via current mode drive instead of voltage to drive any heapdhone you plug in, has 4.4mm balanced output, puts out sound volume that beats the previous amps I bought and returned (DX3 Pro+ and Fiio K7), and is powered by USB, What is this black magic... Online commentary says this thing matches or beats a Schitt stack and I can easily believe that though have not heard a Schitt yet.

What a time to be alive in the world of audio micro electronics innovations.

Sounds like a load of Schitt!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I know bants and all that but genuinely just do a quick lookup, people have replaced their desktop headphone amps in favour of one of these (or the Onix Alpha although that uses normal voltage drive not current so isn't as powerful). The on paper numbers mean nothing in this domain now, you simply have to hear it.

Soldato
I know bants and all that but genuinely just do a quick lookup, people have replaced their desktop headphone amps in favour of one of these (or the Onix Alpha although that uses normal voltage drive not current so isn't as powerful). The on paper numbers mean nothing in this domain now, you simply have to hear it.

People say the exact same thing about fancy pieces of cable. :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
People say the exact same thing about fancy pieces of cable. :p
There is no objective evidence for "auidophile" cables though lol, there is objective evidence for these Current drive amps and R2R dongle amps. It isn't a case of trust me bro, it is literally better than most desktop amps, or as good as , this is a matter of fact.I've literally owned these to compare lol for starters and other professionals have outlined the exact same findings.

It's time to accept modern times have resulted in modern advances in audio tech for this sort of thing.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You can look up any reviews instead of just taking my word for it. Like I said, I've owned the bigger more powerful (on paper) headphone amps and this is just better plain and simple. Current drive and R2R are genuine advances in this area of DAC/Amp architecture in a compact size using high end SoCs.

I don't expect anyone to believe me as always, but until you have actually heard one then you basically have no basis for a comparison.

I know how it looks, and I was exactly the same, "how can something that small be good compared to a big powered desktop amp..." but like always, I buy stuff to try it out for myself and then return it if it's not up to scratch. My Amazon returns history is proof of this :p I keep what is actually good, return what isn't. This is 100% the former.

I've been reviewing and using portable audio gear for long enough now to fairly easily tell different kit apart as well, it's obvious right away when something isn't quite right.

Soldato
You can look up any reviews instead of just taking my word for it. Like I said, I've owned the bigger more powerful (on paper) headphone amps and this is just better plain and simple. Current drive and R2R are genuine advances in this area of DAC/Amp architecture in a compact size using high end SoCs.

I don't expect anyone to believe me as always, but until you have actually heard one then you basically have no basis for a comparison.

I know how it looks, and I was exactly the same, "how can something that small be good compared to a big powered desktop amp..." but like always, I buy stuff to try it out for myself and then return it if it's not up to scratch. My Amazon returns history is proof of this :p I keep what is actually good, return what isn't. This is 100% the former.

I've been reviewing and using portable audio gear for long enough now to fairly easily tell different kit apart as well, it's obvious right away when something isn't quite right.

Here's the thing, though.

I've never believed in amps making a huge difference (assuming they are built correctly and not intentionally colouring the sound, as well as delivering enough power) and my personal findings have agreed with my assertions through the years. Properly built DACs/Amps have virtually negligible impact on sound.

This is probably why I prefer speakers. That world is far less of a mess than headphones are. Klippel reveals all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom