Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Maverick2332;30486488 said:
Probably the same reason they bought a branded HDMI cable instead of cheap one that does the same job.

It could well be a bundle at a high street retailer. I went in to buy a 50inch Samsung recently and it was £40 cheaper if they also included the cable. I then put the cable on eBay because I only ever use Amazon basics ones that are already recessed into the wall.

Soldato
Andy and Ollie

andyollie.png

Also had to take back my curved Samsung TV from a few pages back due to problems, I now have an LG UH668V, doesn't look half as flashy but it's a much better TV, WebOs is awesome and picture is much more natural, the Samsung never quite looked right even after calibration.

Associate
chief barker;30485398 said:
I still have a GT30 - how does your new TV compare to the plasma?

Massive improvement for me. Smoother picture, deeper colours, brighter screen. Overall a lot more impressed than I thought I would be.

hughtrimble;30486440 said:
May I ask the point of buying the Fire TV, when you have bought a TV with the apps that the Fire TV box also provides?
Sadly I can't take the TV with me when I go working away.
Maverick2332;30486488 said:
Probably the same reason they bought a branded HDMI cable instead of cheap one that does the same job.

Who said I bought the cable?

Soldato
tatts;30486954 said:
Massive improvement for me. Smoother picture, deeper colours, brighter screen. Overall a lot more impressed than I thought I would be.

Sadly I can't take the TV with me when I go working away.

Who said I bought the cable?

Gotta love some the OCUK detective agency.

I'd have personally gone with the KS7000 55" as it's full 10 bit, but I do prefer the design of the Sony.

Soldato
Interesting, i was only looking at those Vinyl Keepers last night but couldnt work out if they were sleeves for the record themselves or to protect the cardboard packaging. From your post it sounds like its for the outer packaging which is what i want.

Man of Honour
Marvt74;30487035 said:
Interesting, i was only looking at those Vinyl Keepers last night but couldnt work out if they were sleeves for the record themselves or to protect the cardboard packaging. From your post it sounds like its for the outer packaging which is what i want.

Don't forget that you have to do what we used to do in the early 70s.
When you buy your next album put it in a plastic sleeve and then walk around the streets hoping a mate sees it and starts up a conversation and then perhaps invites you in to play it.
True story.

Thank God for Flac and a DAP.

Associate
wingman;30486975 said:
Gotta love some the OCUK detective agency.

I'd have personally gone with the KS7000 55" as it's full 10 bit, but I do prefer the design of the Sony.

I actually preferred the picture over the Samsung for some reason. I haven't made a mistake have I? It's still far better quality than the Panasonic it is replacing.

Associate
DJDaz;30487058 said:
Considering you included it in a picture you posted for Images of items I have purchased. It's fair to assume you'd bought it.
We'll it was part of a purchase :p
Rossi~;30487077 said:
Currys by chance? They give away Sandstrom stuff with purchases.
Yes I sure wouldn't have paid £60 for it
RJC;30487116 said:
What is the full model number for the tv? as I need to replace mine and been looking at the XD8577 & 8599.

:)

It's the 8599, I almost went for the 49" version but knew I would be disappointed so went 55" as the overall size is almost exactly the same due to the thick bezel on the last one.

RJC

RJC

Don
tatts;30487138 said:
We'll it was part of a purchase :p

Yes I sure wouldn't have paid £60 for it

It's the 8599, I almost went for the 49" version but knew I would be disappointed so went 55" as the overall size is almost exactly the same due to the thick bezel on the last one.

Cheers, added to my list to check :p

Soldato
Marvt74;30487035 said:

They are for the outer cover protection :), decent quality also.

SexyGreyFox;30487054 said:
Don't forget that you have to do what we used to do in the early 70s.
When you buy your next album put it in a plastic sleeve and then walk around the streets hoping a mate sees it and starts up a conversation and then perhaps invites you in to play it.
True story.

Thank God for Flac and a DAP.

Oh, wow.. cool story.

lee1101;30487055 said:
My and the missus went to Pete Tong with the orchestra at the O2. Was amazing :)

I bet that was a great experience, I only found out about the event long after it past. Disappointingly, I've quickly discovered that I'm not a fan of the album, great concept but I don't like the way the album has been mastered.

Soldato
tatts;30487127 said:
I actually preferred the picture over the Samsung for some reason. I haven't made a mistake have I? It's still far better quality than the Panasonic it is replacing.

Well I made the change simply because my Sony was faulty, so I managed to take it back a couple of days later but they'd ran out of stock by then.

By all means a great TV, but if you're into 4K gaming at all then I'd say it won't be as good as the Samsung KS7000.

My (limited) understanding is that the Sony produces 8bit 4K picture and does some clever wizardry to upscale it to 10bit via software. Happy to be corrected on this, but I did find this out after a fair bit of research.

The Samsung KS7000 is full on, proper 10bit 4K.

Associate
wingman;30488273 said:
Well I made the change simply because my Sony was faulty, so I managed to take it back a couple of days later but they'd ran out of stock by then.

By all means a great TV, but if you're into 4K gaming at all then I'd say it won't be as good as the Samsung KS7000.

My (limited) understanding is that the Sony produces 8bit 4K picture and does some clever wizardry to upscale it to 10bit via software. Happy to be corrected on this, but I did find this out after a fair bit of research.

The Samsung KS7000 is full on, proper 10bit 4K.

Useful to know thanks. I very rarely if at all use the PS4 these days and I don't own a 4K player. I bought it as I have sky Q and was thinking about the 4k add on but the way it upscales the HD channels is very impressive to me, far better than the old TV so overall I'm very happy. was just curious to the difference.

Back
Top Bottom