Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Associate
Managed to get a new sealed one of these very cheap today

20170209_114442_zpsposcv08l.jpg

I drove 2 hours to collect this today too but when I was 10 minutes away from his house he phoned me to say he had sold it in a deal with his other watch...... Can't beat time wasters.

received_10158336890480151_zpskdyv0bwz.jpeg

Soldato
RSR;30487048 said:
I've been waiting on these, i'd be interest to hear some feedback on them :)

They are easily comparable to the Shure SE535's I had, and I did not expect that at a 1/3 of the price!

Very comfortable to wear, at times you forget you even have them on. EQ can be customised via the Jaybird app which is a huge bonus.

Sound quality is just great, bluetooth audio has come a long long way.

Associate
Raymond Lin;30488711 said:
Why like an analogue watch in an "instructions" the size of a dictionary?

Does it have instructions to show you how to take it apart and put it together again? Or on page per language?
Most probably a language thing. My watch came with a dictionary-esque instructions manual, but only a handful of pages were actually English

Caporegime
tatts;30488533 said:
Managed to get a new sealed one of these very cheap today

20170209_114442_zpsposcv08l.jpg

How much did you get it for mate? I bought at full price, which was pretty eye watering I have to say. But what a fantastic toy. I only bedroom DJ, but it's a complete joy to use and very powerful.

If you have it open and ready to use, I'd strongly advise getting a deck saver. Those faders attract dust like nobodies business.

Associate
robfosters;30488742 said:
How much did you get it for mate? I bought at full price, which was pretty eye watering I have to say. But what a fantastic toy. I only bedroom DJ, but it's a complete joy to use and very powerful.

If you have it open and ready to use, I'd strongly advise getting a deck saver. Those faders attract dust like nobodies business.

£500 brand new (bid on a whim and arrived sealed). I already have a traktor S8 but the lack of pitch control and a platter makes it little use as a controller but was great has DVS with the 1210s.
Was thinking of a full flight case for it when I get chance to search

Soldato
tatts;30488533 said:
Managed to get a new sealed one of these very cheap today[[/IMG]

Tidy, been looking at the Pioneer DJ DDJ-RZX which is still less than half the cost of set of CDJ-2000NXS2 with a DJM mixer over 3 grand cheaper, Pioneer sure know how to price people out of their products:(

Caporegime
Spook187;30488872 said:
Tidy, been looking at the Pioneer DJ DDJ-RZX which is still less than half the cost of set of CDJ-2000NXS2 with a DJM mixer over 3 grand cheaper, Pioneer sure know how to price people out of their products:(

I've always thought that CDJ's are extortionately overpriced. I love my SX2, but I'm thinking of upgrading to a unit that I can use standalone with a loaded up USB stick. More portable and much less likely to crash halfway through a set.

Caporegime
Interesting watching you guys mock someone for spending £60 on an HDMI cable. I remember my first full HD TV, bought from Comet. The salesman was a lovely chap who said that in order to enjoy my PS3 at its fullest I'd need a quality cable.

Quality cable you say?

Yes. £90 worth of Monster Cable.

Facepalm.jpg

On a more positive note, it's still working and is currently giving my monitor a signal, and it's taken a battering. I've ruined at least 15 other cheapos since then so who knows. I'll get back to you in another 10 years time :p

Associate
robfosters;30488910 said:
I've always thought that CDJ's are extortionately overpriced. I love my SX2, but I'm thinking of upgrading to a unit that I can use standalone with a loaded up USB stick. More portable and much less likely to crash halfway through a set.

I was going to buy some CDJ2000 but with the 1210s its a lot of money for something I wont get a lot of use out of. I've partly gone this route as I didn't get on with the CDJ1000 and I'm liking the idea of pulselocker.

Soldato
Forum mod;30488934 said:
Interesting watching you guys mock someone for spending £60 on an HDMI cable. I remember my first full HD TV, bought from Comet. The salesman was a lovely chap who said that in order to enjoy my PS3 at its fullest I'd need a quality cable.

Quality cable you say?

Yes. £90 worth of Monster Cable.

Facepalm.jpg

Who spent £60 on a HDMI cable?

Soldato
Monster cables heh, always remember the coat hanger test from years ago.

A poster at Audioholics was put in a room with five fellow audiophiles, and a Martin Logan SL-3 speaker set at 75Db at 1000KHz playing a mix of "smooth, trio, easy listening jazz" that no one had heard before. In one corner, Monster 1000 speaker cables. In the other, four coat hangers twisted and soldered into a speaker cable. Seven songs were played while the group was blindfolded and the cables swapped back and forth. Not only "after 5 tests, none could determine which was the Monster 1000 cable or the coat hanger wire," but no one knew a coat hanger was used in the first place.

Man of Honour
Just don't forget your 4 figure power cable to provide "smooth and clean" power. Apart from that you can use bell wire all round as long as your power is smoother than a babies bottom :o

Soldato
hughtrimble;30486440 said:
May I ask the point of buying the Fire TV, when you have bought a TV with the apps that the Fire TV box also provides?

Amazons Android TV app is appalling right now (drifting lipsync, failing connection, mis-syncs to account) and on Sony TVs is even worse than other devices. The only thing it has going for it on Sony TVs over the FireTV is HDR but on an XD85 that difference will be minimal. The Netflix app is good though and he would be better off using the XD85 version rather than the FireTV (If Dolby Digital+ is not a must). The big advantage the FireTV has though is when SPMC/Kodi is sideloaded, Framerate switching, which the TV can't do with internal native and sideloaded apps.

Caporegime
TheMightyTen;30489934 said:
Amazons Android TV app is appalling right now (drifting lipsync, failing connection, mis-syncs to account) and on Sony TVs is even worse than other devices. The only thing it has going for it on Sony TVs over the FireTV is HDR but on an XD85 that difference will be minimal. The Netflix app is good though and he would be better off using the XD85 version rather than the FireTV (If Dolby Digital+ is not a must). The big advantage the FireTV has though is when SPMC/Kodi is sideloaded, Framerate switching, which the TV can't do with internal native and sideloaded apps.

you cant side load it on the SOny tv then? I always thought Sony was one of the ones you could?

Soldato
Greebo;30490030 said:
you cant side load it on the SOny tv then? I always thought Sony was one of the ones you could?

You can side load it but the TV can't switch refresh rate on internal apps, everything runs at 60Hz and you are limited to 5.1 bitstream or 2 Channel PCM as ARC does not have the bandwidth to pass anything more.

Back
Top Bottom