Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Well there goes £500! Mind you, I normally change every two years but I've been lucky and not needed a new prescription since 2011. Getting used to the new style as my old ones are all gun metal, thinner frame and slightly smaller lens. The new frame is actually blue but doesn't really look it in the pic.

20170221_165350.jpg

23hvude.jpg

Associate
3Ov2Y4G.jpg

To replace the Marley Rebel BTs that I managed to stand on.

The Rebels were astounding for the money (£29.99) and these are even better (£79.99), clearer, louder plus a ton better than the Beats Solo 3's I tried in the Apple store (at £259)

Soldato
CgI9QA6.jpg

First bits of my Ryzen build turned up today. The case and monstrous cooler will be changed at some point as I'm really wanting to get back to having a wee ITX machine as my main rig, but one could not wait!

I was quite impressed with the Mini C. I'm more used to using Lian Li cases, but this case looks like it'll actually be nice to work with, which will make a pleasant change. The Noctua cooler is terrifyingly huge, but very well presented and the ram is just 16 gigs of 3000mhz DDR 4.

Soldato
Any impact to Sound Quality?

Where did you order from?

No perceivable impact on sound quality. Ordered from here. Only took 6 days to arrive.

How often do you change your valves? I wouldnt have thought there'd be much point other than in tube testers.

I don't think I'll often be changing the valves, very happy with the Winged C ones in place, they are based on the old stock silver boxed Mullard CV4004 type, but for a fraction of the cost. The real reason I bought the valve savers are for aesthetic reasons, to raise the height of the valves so there are more visible. The stock valves sit very low in the unit.

Soldato
Mine is pre-built, I'd love to build one and such but just lack the know-how and such, would be an awesome project for an amateur wood worker as well to craft a case for it.

Are the tubes getting more expensive? I know they aren't really made anymore (found just one person that seems to make them), so I'd guess these clocks are being made on stockpiled tubes.

Caporegime
Mine is pre-built, I'd love to build one and such but just lack the know-how and such, would be an awesome project for an amateur wood worker as well to craft a case for it.

Are the tubes getting more expensive? I know they aren't really made anymore (found just one person that seems to make them), so I'd guess these clocks are being made on stockpiled tubes.

They are being made...just expensive to do I guess.

http://www.blub.com.au/about/

Soldato
Up until yesterday I'd never actually purchased anything from OCUK (awful lighting/photo, yeah)

icjoWJj.jpg

Still taking a bit of getting used to, but it'll be worth it in the long run

Back
Top Bottom