Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Permabanned
Thanks, I'll certainly look into them. I've not noticed any interference in terms of sound quality mind, would it be that noticeable spending an extra £65 on all that?

The jitterbug is a must have IMHO, buy one from Amazon and if you don't like it you can always send it back. It really depends on how bad your USB ports are for interference but being a PC there is plenty of crap that may need to be filtered out.

For me it widens the sound stage and gives a more 3D stereo image...

Isn't it just a digital signal over a USB cable? How does a different USB cable improve sound quality if it is all just ones and zeroes? I'm genuinely interested as I thought this was a myth like really expensive HDMI cables are supposed to be, or am I misinformed?

I always upgrade bundled USB cables as the shielding is generally poor and for music applications any crap the cable is picking up generally degrades sound quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Isn't it just a digital signal over a USB cable? How does a different USB cable improve sound quality if it is all just ones and zeroes? I'm genuinely interested as I thought this was a myth like really expensive HDMI cables are supposed to be, or am I misinformed?

It doesn't, you might pick up some interference if it's badly shielded but in no way, shape or form will it "widen the sound stage" or give you a more "3d stereo image", that's utter horse****. Anyone who tells you differently probably works in Currys.

Soldato
any crap the cable is picking up generally degrades sound quality.

Degrades sound quality or introduces interference? I can understand poor cables changing a 1 to a 0 or vice-versa (and this appearing as an unexpected sound) but if all the 1s and 0s get along the cable correctly then isn't the sound quality going to be identical no matter what the cable? It seems fairly binary to me, either the cable works or it doesn't. It can't work "better".

Permabanned
With HDMI at least, really poor quality cables can result in some signal loss which worsens the quality of the image.

But there is error correction in place.

It's not so much about changing a 1 to a 0 or vice versa... it's more about dropping 1 or the 0 so it doesn't reach the destination.

There are also standards a cable has to be made to in order to be certified to carry a specific HDMI standard.

As long as you buy a semi-name brand, it would be fine.

Usually, in order to see or hear any significant error or degradation, the cable has to be both poor quality and long... a 1-2m cable should be indistinguishable.

Associate
I really should've read what you wrote before spending five minutes staring at a picture trying to see a creature that isn't there. :D

Haha yes, nothing in it yet. They're still in their smaller tank waiting to be moved in.

This is what shall be going in there however.

IMG_9012.jpg

Very nice mate, i do fancy the new biopod that's just came out.
O

Thanks man, yeah the Biopods are really nice - I've been looking at them for a while now on certain YouTube vids.

I don't think I could actually pay the price though. They're damn expensive aren't they?

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure why anyone would spend that much on a front wheel drive clio for use as a track car... surely you could have got something like a Radical or Caterham or something else a bit more track focused?

I am limited with a garage so would need to be a saloon. Your thoughts are ones i have had in this process, surely there is more cars out there.

However for now I am content with the purchase, I dont mind FWD, look at Bttc, a lot of cars a FWD....

Soldato
I saw these guys play last week for the first time in about 6 years and they were amazing. I certainly never thought that less than a week later I'd get to see them play a show to around 100 people in a record store in Nottingham - and meet them too. Dream come true for me. :)

They're so good. How did they get so good? I haven't listened to the best of yet but I'm really excited to, I've heard it's awesome.

I saw them at Reading about 10 years ago and they were siiiick.

Soldato
Dali Alteco C1 Height/Atmos speakers. They can be used either as up-firing Atmos speakers, or height speakers higher up the wall at the front.

I will be sitting them on top of my Dali Zensor 7 speakers.

IsWv4plh.jpg

Soldato
A new torch (the other day) and spare battery for it (today) ...

UPijuzq.jpg

Very impressive torch.

To think I used to carry around one of the 4 x D-cell Maglites :D

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure why anyone would spend that much on a front wheel drive clio for use as a track car... surely you could have got something like a Radical or Caterham or something else a bit more track focused?

Give me a front wheel drive small rocket any day of the week than something like a m3, so much more fun

Caporegime
They're so good. How did they get so good? I haven't listened to the best of yet but I'm really excited to, I've heard it's awesome.

I saw them at Reading about 10 years ago and they were siiiick.

They really are! Really great guys too. You can tell they care about their fans and want to have a chat, etc. rather than just turning up and leaving as fast as they can like most would.

If you're buying the CD, make sure it's the triple CD version so you get all 9 of the new tracks, rather than just 4 on the double CD version.

Soldato
All of these films for under £12, waiting for my code for Spider-Man Home Coming and Wonder Woman. Bonus being that any of these films in 4K, iTunes automatically upgrades your films to 4K.

So i've been buying the iTunes digital codes for less than $3 and getting the 4K version. :)

yi5JisK.jpg

Soldato
Dali Alteco C1 Height/Atmos speakers. They can be used either as up-firing Atmos speakers, or height speakers higher up the wall at the front.

I will be sitting them on top of my Dali Zensor 7 speakers.

I have been tempted by these. Are they too big of a footprint to sit ontop of Dali Zensor 5s?

Be sure to put a review in the Home cinema section :)

Back
Top Bottom