Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
1 - I don't need unlimited amount of games, I just like the selected few.
More games isn't a bad thing
2 - I don't have time to look into it or build it
Put the files onto a SD card, plug it in, turn on Pi and let it transfer Done. Doesn't take any effort/time.
3 - I don't want a fake. I want a real Nintendo product
Still a "fake" due to emulation, not a real cartridge.
4 - it's not exactly expensive
For what you get yes it is compared to alternatives.
5 - it's legal
Mmmmmm who cares, grey area
6 - it's a cool collectible if anything else which I'm sure you understand.
Sure I guess.....
7 - it's actually the best emulation, better than the Wii e-shop and Pi.
It's still emulation on non-original hardware (can be compared to a phone as the closest comparison due to the hardware inside). If you sat in front of NES/SNES mini and a Pi I doubt you would be able to tell the difference in the actual emulation, there has been no comparisons. There has only been comparison between the NES mini and the Wii. Yes the interface/software on the "official" is nice and pretty but that's all it has going for it.

As for Nintendo driving up demand, I saw one in town today for sale so there are clearly enough stock to go around this time.
Doesn't take away the fact they limited stock for the NES mini, knowing full well they where doing a SNES mini with the SAME EXACT hardware

Don't get me wrong I don't hate them just don't see where the value is unless you want it purely for looking pretty.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Don't get me wrong I don't hate them just don't see where the value is unless you want it purely for looking pretty.

Well I care for it being legal, real Nintendo product and the best emulation.

I have a real SNES, I could play it for real and I even still have a CRT TV but I prefer this because the combination of it being HDMI, real Nintendo Product and in a real low price point for what it is.

As for the low stock of the NES mini…..

1 - Why does it matter for you??? I thought you use the Pi then if so, what does it matter if they make just 1 or make 1 billion units? You are never going to get it anyway.

2 - Second, what exactly matter that it is the exact hardware? You can run it with the Pi, they could run it on a potato for all I care really as long as the game is authentic as it can be.

3 - As for artificially inflated the demand, lets be realistic here, they are a business and the want to make money, no business don't want to make money. What is more likely the case is that before the NES Classic all other form of retro miniature consoles bombed, tanked and didn't sell and their market research simply told them to be cautious and make a certain number. You also don't just fire up the factory again for more, they also make a ton more product and you can imagine if they book Factory X for so many units and Factory X once done with Nintendo's NES Classic order they have to move on to say…making the iPhone 8 or 10, and is now booked up and Nintendo basically have to wait in line until the next slot comes through. Also, Nintendo recently have announced they are making many many more and even making the NES Classic again in 2018, like I said…they are in it to make money.

Oh and yes, I think it looks pretty, I've spent more than £70 on plastic things that just stands there before that purely looks pretty. This does that and play games. Bonus!

Permabanned
That's an awesome job. Expensive ?
Was just thinking that it looks great too. Cost would be cool to know for future reference too crinkle

Not so pricey, I got that one for £135 including fitting. Normal price is £145.

I originally ordered the same leather scheme but only with blue stitching. He emailed me a week or so before fitting appointment to tell me he'd had a cancellation of this wheel with the same leather but blue and red m-style stitching and would I like to have that for £10 off? Yes please :D

He does an exchange service... so he'll get it ready and send it out to you to fit yourself or fit for you and take the old one back.

Caporegime
Best emulation? Lmao, what. Classic Nintendo console pre N64 has been emulated 100% perfectly for quite a while now.

For the a millionth time, everyone knows you can get these games illegally via emulation in many forms, but that is not what we are taking about here, that is a WHOLE difference conversation besides the legality issue from building the machine, getting the ROM, running it properly, smoothly, getting controller to work etc.

As for my point, proof is 2 min in.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Less is more.

rps20171001_185313_751.jpg

Got it after it was mentioned elsewhere, interested in this kind of topic, not necessarily to sort my life out or anything, but more out of curiosity, and that it's always good to understand different concepts and approaches to everyday things.

Soldato
Also, Nintendo recently have announced they are making many many more and even making the NES Classic again in 2018
Well they didn't really have a choice after it was exposed that the SNES classic was the same hardware in a different shell lol.

I think both are cute consoles and can understand Nintendo fanboys shelling out for the bling factor, but both are pretty overpriced and limited for what they are. There are many better/cheaper solutions for people who don't care about the fanboy factor.

Back
Top Bottom