Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Look for Venetian blinds if you like the style. Wood are considerably more expensive than plastic, but they do look good. Also note that they aren't the best at keeping out light!

Warning for people considering venetian blinds, care with them as they are pretty delicate. I cannot tell you how many times i have accidentally broken Venetian blinds in my lifetime. If you have kids, keep the chord well way from reach :p

Caporegime
Warning for people considering venetian blinds, care with them as they are pretty delicate. I cannot tell you how many times i have accidentally broken Venetian blinds in my lifetime. If you have kids, keep the chord well way from reach :p

Legally they should have a child safe system on them now after some 3 year old for tangled up and hanged himself. Normally this means the cord has been replaced with a rod.

Soldato

I've got some anodized metal ones, and not only are they pretty sturdy, they keep out the light when closed as they are totally opaque.

Soldato
To me, Venetian blinds have to be wooden, metal ones remind me of office air vents when closed but i suppose that is dependant on the finish.

Legally they should have a child safe system on them now after some 3 year old for tangled up and hanged himself. Normally this means the cord has been replaced with a rod.

The blinds i have had always had a chord and a cog system, last set purchased was earlier this year. Pretty delicate though, i would be surprised if you could hang a cat from it tbh.

Man of Honour
We've had Roman blinds made recently (the material type that fold and you raise them). They came with the obligatory useless short chain that's too short for my kids to use. But they look great and I'll replace the chain when I can find a longer one.

We used to have wooden slat blinds in another house. I did like them but the dust they collected, especially in a computer/office room, was insane.

Soldato
I owned an N/A and a Turbo Mk2 rev3 for about 5 years :D Just like the Mk1 though, many of them are succumbing to rust these days :( I very rarely see them on the road any more.

This one has minor corrosion on the sills but nothing too bad. I'm going to pay for any work that needs doing to be honest and keep it on the road as it's so much fun. The engine is sound, bodywork is great and interior is immaculate.

This one is N.A., 173hp. If I find a turboin good enough condition I will be buying it :D

Soldato
I'm just about to do up my study so these questions are completely un-tech related. Is that desk top from Ikea? I'm thinking about going down the alex drawers route. Also, your blinds are white wood? Did you use an online place and fit them yourself? They look snug.

Worktop is a kitchen surface, 3 coats of oil & 3 of wax.
Blinds are dark oak slats ordered on line & fitted by me.
I'd certainly recommend the blinds, only took a week from ordering to being delivered.

Soldato
Worktop is a kitchen surface, 3 coats of oil & 3 of wax.
Blinds are dark oak slats ordered on line & fitted by me.
I'd certainly recommend the blinds, only took a week from ordering to being delivered.
Cheers, the worktop does look much nicer than the Ikea tops.

Did you use blinds-2go.co.uk? Are they standard wooden blinds or privacy blinds? I'm wondering whether the holes in the slats make that much of a difference to light coming in.

Back
Top Bottom