Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
New computer build - also Corsair 570X which is to follow...

38809849272_257b6caf10_b.jpg

Let me know how that monitor is, was ooinmg ang aaing about it over BF when it was on sale for £350...
Will need to wait till new year to decide anyway.

Soldato
New card holder.
Barely carried cash the last few years so it's about time I got one of these. Only holds my debit card and drivers license. Means I can't hoard any receipts either!
aFbiChG.jpg

Soldato
Not so much purchased, but acquired these little guys from a friend, still in hibernation atm.
Myrmica Rubra, european Fire Ants.
5 queens, could be 5000+ of them in a year or two :)

wifiy6M.jpg

Soldato
Interesting. What is the thing they are in? Looks like a CPU block. Where are the queens? Where will they go?

The queens are only slightly larger in this species (the butts are noticeably bigger), theres one on the top left tip of water sponge part the others you can see if you look close.
They are in an antkit acrylic nest, it's a starter nest for very small colonies and will be rehoused once they come out of hibernation into a larger one like this......
https://antkit.uk/collections/formicaria-ant-farms/products/acrylic-horizontal-nest-size-04

and so on as the colony grows, they are also connected to a small outworld where i put food for them.
Currently they eat chopped in half mealworms (you can see half of one on the right with a workers butt stuck out of it) tuna and there favourite which is strawberries, once they reach 100+ workers they reach a change point and become VERY aggressive, then they will get livefood (crickets/waxworms etc)

Soldato
Where will the live eventually when they outgrow the acrylic nest??

Ill purchase a couple of aerated concrete blocks from a local building supplier, and hollow out passages with the dremel.
It will end up similar to this.......

Ytong is great for ants as you can place it in a pan of water, and it absorbs water via capillary action, so the ants can put what they want where they want according to humidity.

Back
Top Bottom