Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
What on gods green earth, other than flashing your cash, do you need 144TB of storage for, along with 4tb of SSD storage.

Utterly ridiculous. £400 a drive x 12, plus £260 x 4 on the SSD's and £1.2k on the QNap - £7k on storage.

It's your money to do as you please, but please retain some sense of reality.

Soldato
What on gods green earth, other than flashing your cash, do you need 144TB of storage for, along with 4tb of SSD storage.

Utterly ridiculous. £400 a drive x 12, plus £260 x 4 on the SSD's and £1.2k on the QNap - £7k on storage.

It's your money to do as you please, but please retain some sense of reality.

I think it's fairly obvious. Pr0n.

Caporegime
Bitter much? :confused:

What he needs it for is his own personal business. Maybe he just wants a ton of storage so he doesn't have to buy or worry about storage for decades. Maybe hes going to start downloading 4k HDR rips at 90-100gb a piece. Maybe hes going to setup a content creation business so he will use all that space and needs SSD storage when editing. Who knows eh :p

Permabanned
I refrained from telling him it's only 118TB of usable space and not 144TB

yes, i'm a numpty for using r5 :)

What he needs it for is his own personal business. Maybe he just wants a ton of storage so he doesn't have to buy or worry about storage for decades. Maybe hes going to start downloading 4k HDR rips at 90-100gb a piece. Maybe hes going to setup a content creation business so he will use all that space and needs SSD storage when editing. Who knows eh :p

My 6x8TB array has a grand total of 1TB remaining :eek:

jWPOmOn.png

Last edited:
Soldato

not bitter at all - he can spend his money/ crypto gains how he wishes - (congrats on his two stunning cars ) - I just can't see how any individual needs 118tb of useable space. I would be interested to know what he's going to use that much for??

I run my own business and back up every week all my client files/records/scans etc, have years worth of personal/family video/music and photo's, along with 200 movies, all backed up on a server with 8 tb of storage. I just trying to understand why an individual needs nearly 15 to 20 times that amount.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
...and here I am, happy with my AudioQuest Dragonfly and Sennheiser Momentum IIs..
Good enough for Spotify anyway :D

@crinkleshoes, why didn't you go for the Sennheiser Orpheus? :p
Seriously though, what do you listen to?

Permabanned
not bitter at all - he can spend his money/ crypto gains how he wishes - (congrats on his two stunning cars ) - I just can't see how any individual needs 118tb of useable space. I would be interested to know what he's going to use that much for??

I run my own business and back up every week all my client files/records/scans etc, have years worth of personal/family video/music and photo's, along with 200 movies, all backed up on a server with 8 tb of storage. I just trying to understand why an individual needs nearly 15 to 20 times that amount.

Not that difficult if you have an extensive HD/UHD media library.

Permabanned
...and here I am, happy with my AudioQuest Dragonfly and Sennheiser Momentum IIs..
Good enough for Spotify anyway :D

@crinkleshoes, why didn't you go for the Sennheiser Orpheus? :p
Seriously though, what do you listen to?

Trance mostly.

Not that difficult if you have an extensive HD/UHD media library.

Yeah... at 50-80GB a pop, they sap up storage space very quickly :)

Only stick the disk in for special occasions, so I only like full quality rips.

Soldato
Trance mostly.

Yeah... at 50-80GB a pop, they sap up storage space very quickly :)

Only stick the disk in for special occasions, so I only like full quality rips.
Isn't it an arseache to rip/copy blu rays? (ie requires time /effort at computer??) I suppose I can't be bothered as if I'm at home all browsing is done on phone or tablet.

Permabanned
In fairness you have to factor redundancy into that 144TB :p

118TB usable

I must have missed what person you killed to afford that....:p

Ummmm... used to think I might have a price to do something like that... then I realised I'm not a psychopath or sociopath... just an ass... so no :(

On the train to pick it up now...

Back
Top Bottom