Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Got a wall mount for the Sonos and TV. Got an LED strip on the way to ge behind the TV .

(Yes, cables are being sorted this weekend.

bzkYe53.jpg

When I first saw this on my phone, I didn't see the TV in the middle and thought the whole black area was a TV or Projector space :p

Soldato
Hopefully a bit more braking power

413966403.jpg

Soldato
What model of amp is that? Do you rate it? Does it have a sub out? It looks lovely.

It's a PMA-60, slightly higher specced than the PMA-50 mentioned earlier. It has a sub pre-out, which unfortunately means it doesn't have a hipass filter if that's what you were looking for, you'd have to dial the sub to where your speakers drop off instead of setting a flat 80Hz crossover (so more fiddly to work with, dunno why they didn't just include an xover).

Soldato
Been using my trusty Samsung SA350 monitor for years now. Nothing wrong with it, but I've been thinking of moving to a larger screen with higher refresh rate for gaming (only ever had 60Hz screens).
I didn't want to go to a full 4K screen yet as that would probably require a new GFX card too, so over the weekend, I treated myself to this:

vnbMwRf.jpg.png

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...rved-widescreen-gaming-monitor-mo-008-ms.html

Moved from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440 resolution, but so far, it hasn't reduced my FPS in games...and now that I'm using a 144Hz Freesync display, I can disable V-Sync and not be locked at 60FPS, so games feel much smoother and running faster than before. Pleasantly surprised at the desktop performance too; I honestly didn't think I'd notice much difference above a 60Hz refresh rate, but mouse movement, scrolling, window movement etc is all much smoother and easier on the eye. It's also more comfortable for gaming. I found I had a tendency to lean in toward the screen for FPS games, but with the larger screen, I can sit a little further back and still see what I'm shooting at. Pretty chuffed with it so far :)

Back
Top Bottom