Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Don
Would be good to know how you get on with it, I've heard mixed reviews

Mini review from day and half of use:

Positives:
- Box is quick (almost as quick as SkyQ), certainly faster than Youview+ box or similar
- If you select SD Channel and a HD version is available, it asks you if you want to View or Record in HD.
- On demand Apps seem to work fine (Netflix, Youtube, iPlayer, itvHub, Channel 5)

Negatives:
- TV Guide defaults to Now/Next, and doesn't show actual times until you scroll forward slightly
- Remote control conflicts with Humax devices (including Youview+ box) and can't/won't be changed
- No 4 On demand app, or 4 HD Channels due to Channel 4 politics (although channels are potentially available in non-freesat mode)
- Non-Freesat operating mode incomplete (no manual transponder options), and forces a full channel rescan when switching back to Freesat mode
- EPG Search functionality not yet available (to come in a future firmware update)

Last edited:
Soldato

I bought the 500 gig one a few months ago thinking it would be a massive improvement over the old one.
It's now sitting there unplugged and old one back on - We just couldn't get used to the menus system - To us the old clunky menu is more logical and easier to understand.
Perhaps one day I will plug it in again -
You will probably roll into it with no problem being I assume young - ie under 50. :):)

Edit
I have since bought a new TV so don't need Humax box for catch up -youtube etc.

Soldato
I bought a wonky lens

tse_lens.jpg

Soldato
Mini review from day and half of use:

Positives:
- Box is quick (almost as quick as SkyQ), certainly faster than Youview+ box or similar
- If you select SD Channel and a HD version is available, it asks you if you want to View or Record in HD.
- On demand Apps seem to work fine (Netflix, Youtube, iPlayer, itvHub, Channel 5)

Negatives:
- TV Guide defaults to Now/Next, and doesn't show actual times until you scroll forward slightly
- Remote control conflicts with Humax devices (including Youview+ box) and can't/won't be changed
- No 4 On demand app, or 4 HD Channels due to Channel 4 politics (although channels are potentially available in non-freesat mode)
- Non-Freesat operating mode incomplete (no manual transponder options), and forces a full channel rescan when switching back to Freesat mode

Thanks for this, very useful. I heard about the C4 thing, and thought it was completely mental.

I've cancelled sky and was looking at alternatives, freesat amongst them, but decided on moving to Virgin as we've just had it installed in our street, and we can massively upgrade our broadband speeds for half the price Sky were offering.

Don
I bought the 500 gig one a few months ago thinking it would be a massive improvement over the old one. It's now sitting there unplugged and old one back on
Stick it on the MM or ebay - the few I've seen on ebay have sold quickly, so I'm sure demand is there

I've cancelled sky and was looking at alternatives, freesat amongst them, but decided on moving to Virgin as we've just had it installed in our street, and we can massively upgrade our broadband speeds for half the price Sky were offering.
I've just cancelled SkyQ as the £78 a month we were paying is quite frankly ridiculous considering we were hardly using any of the Sky specific features (e.g. Sky channels, boxsets or movies)
For the odd couple of "premium" channels my wife wanted, we've got a Youview+ box that I've put upstairs in the bedroom, which will also help with the transition away from Sky multiroom.

Soldato
Exactly the same situation for me. I watch the Sky Witness channel sometimes. The wife and kids watch Netflix / Disney+ - Massive waste of just over £100 a month.

Soldato
Still using my Humax HDR-1000S for broadcast TV. Great picture on the HD channels.

Saw this, checked that there are currently no 4k Freesat broadcasts. Why buy it at this stage? The Humax boxes are reliable and work well. Perhaps a bit long in the tooth around smart features, but if you have a 4k TV you probably have in-built apps or something else to drive online content anyway (Apple TV, Fire Stick etc.).

Don
Saw this, checked that there are currently no 4k Freesat broadcasts. Why buy it at this stage? The Humax boxes are reliable and work well. Perhaps a bit long in the tooth around smart features, but if you have a 4k TV you probably have in-built apps or something else to drive online content anyway (Apple TV, Fire Stick etc.).

I wanted a drop in replacement for the SkyQ box - the older Humax are unavailable new and would require me to get the SkyQ Wideband LNB swapped back to an old one or Hybrid.
Our internet connection isn't particularly great (<30Mbps FTTC), so having some kind of non-internet TV recording ability, helps reduce our reliance on on-demand etc.

Soldato
I wanted a drop in replacement for the SkyQ box - the older Humax are unavailable new and would require me to get the SkyQ Wideband LNB swapped back to an old one or Hybrid.
Our internet connection isn't particularly great (<30Mbps FTTC), so having some kind of non-internet TV recording ability, helps reduce our reliance on on-demand etc.
We record live broadcasts as much as we watch on demand stuff, as some live stuff isn't available on demand for ages, or at all, so I agree.

Soldato
I guess I'll ask then. Why?

It has the ability to change how the image is projected on to the camera sensor by moving the elements of the lens to different angles or horizontal/vertical positions. A zoom lens moves the elements allowing objects to appear closer (zooming in), with a tilt shift lens you change the angles, most common is making a building appear upright || instead of angled /\ when standing below it (or above), or being able to shoot someone directly in front of a mirror without being seen in the mirror yourself. Also it has the ability to change the angle of the focus plain so you can shoot with a length in focus front to back instead of a horizontal plain (side to side), this is often used to create the miniature look from above but it can be used to keep for example a line of buildings in focus along a pavement with the rest of the scene out of focus.

OcUK Staff
New set of wheels, centre caps and tyres on S2000 though upon getting home I have discovered garage have fitted none XL tyres on rear and I specifically requested 95Y XL for rear in writing so hoping they get them swapped out without hassle but a shame for them as tyres are technically not new now as I've just put 10 miles on them.

However love the AP2v1 wheels and can't wait to see the finish sparkle in the sun being diamond cut and sparkle silver:

s2000wheels.jpg

Back
Top Bottom