Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
Got something thick to grip on to :cool:

WolfTooth_FatPaw_20200926_201233.jpg

Pure silicone grips, by Wolftooth (Fat Paw model). Actually really nice for colder weather too as they warm up real quick so are more comfy than the normal rubber/silicone ones.

Soldato
Got something thick to grip on to :cool:

WolfTooth_FatPaw_20200926_201233.jpg

Pure silicone grips, by Wolftooth (Fat Paw model). Actually really nice for colder weather too as they warm up real quick so are more comfy than the normal rubber/silicone ones.

And here's me still waiting for my new bike to be delivered to the bike shop. It's already been over a month, and will most likely be November. Have ordered a set of those lights though, so there's that.

Man of Honour
Is it on back order or something? I know when I got this there was pretty much no stock until at minimum October for the bikes I wanted and only by chance came across 1 left at Winstanleys Bikes. Seems everyone has taken up hardtail MTB riding since March :o

Soldato
@mrk yeah, was looking everywhere a new bike but due to the virus situation literally everywhere had no stock. So after putting it off for a few months I phoned up one of my local bike shops and they were happy for me to stick a 10% deposit on the bike I was after, a 2021 GT Avalanche Expert in matte black and large frame. Only thing is it was going to be anytime up until November before it arrived, guess it's a combination of the pandemic and it being the latest model. At least I have a deposit down on it though.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Is it on back order or something? I know when I got this there was pretty much no stock until at minimum October for the bikes I wanted and only by chance came across 1 left at Winstanleys Bikes. Seems everyone has taken up hardtail MTB riding since March :o

Bad time of year to buy a bike. New season, old stock running out, new stock not in yet. Best time of year to buy a bike is spring, early summer.

Soldato
Bad time of year to buy a bike. New season, old stock running out, new stock not in yet. Best time of year to buy a bike is spring, early summer.
I think it depends on the bike and on your needs. I bought my current bike in August 2016 during the end-of-season sale. There was little difference between the 2016 and 2017 model and I got a significant discount.

If you buy in spring, you're paying full price for a model that's about to be replaced.

I would say August/September is a good time to buy — if the spec on the new model provides a significant upgrade, then it's worth paying the RRP and you have a year of no-regrets biking ahead of you before the next new model comes out (although there may be a wait for the new stock to come in). If the spec on the new model is the same or only a minor upgrade then save yourself some cash in the sales.

Back
Top Bottom