Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Underboss
The presents don't bother me I'm sure your son will love them all! Good work getting hold of the PS5 and 3070.

It's the stacking of all the things in a nice framed shot in the living room that is a little odd to me.

Bragging rights/epeen or keeping up with the Jones'?

Caporegime
The presents don't bother me I'm sure your son will love them all! Good work getting hold of the PS5 and 3070.

It's the stacking of all the things in a nice framed shot in the living room that is a little odd to me.

Gotta keep posting those Instagrams or whatever, others will never know your level of "success" shallowness otherwise.

Soldato
I really like them more so than my favourite wired set (K712), but I didn't get on with 650's from a gaming POV and generally don't like the signature of Senn's. As you know it's a very personal thing with headphones so if you were tempted I'd suggest getting from Amazon where its easy to return them. I'd read about lots of issues people have with them (crackling, disconnects etc) but luckily I have not experienced that but I did upgrade the FW right away. My previous wireless set were Arctis 7P but I thought they sounded like I had water in my ears and they needed to pop so I returned them. I actually thought the PS5 3d audio was to blame but the Penrose have now answered that doubt. They aren't particularly comfortable mind, I think I'll need to modify the headband as I get a sore spot on my head after a bit.
I wanted the convenience of wireless as plugging amp etc into PS5 would mean wires everywhere but is what I had done previously.
How is the microphone? Heard lots about it needing to be really well placed?

Soldato

Is it any different to other people buying things and posting? Lots of people post photos of stacked PC component boxes when they all come together and it's a topic that i'd expect most on here to be interested in.

I'd also say there's no suggestions the kid is spoilt, as long as the parenting is good, then i don't see why you couldn't buy them something expensive if you can afford it and if the OP plays games with his kid then it's a nice bonding session.

Soldato
I'm sure if I had kids I'd want to spoil them rotten each Christmas if I could afford to do so. Clearly they can so why shouldn't they?

He's going to have some very envious friends!

Soldato
It feels like the annual 'SDK has spent more on his kids Christmas presents than most people earn in a year' conversation is happening early - doesn't this usually happen after unwrapping on Christmas day? :p

Caporegime
That kid will be after a sports car for his 18th and a rolex for his 21st at that rate :p

Like a kid I went to school with, he was bought a Fiesta Xr2i to learn to drive in and then a ferrari when he past his test.

He did come to school in a chauffeur driven Rolls Royce though.

Soldato
I can't wait to watch my little dude open all this on Christmas day.
It's been stressful getting some of it, the PS5 and NVIDIA 3070, but the only item I had to pay overs on was the X-Rocker Neo Motion LED Gaming chair. It was sold out everywhere so needed to resort to e-bay. (excluding the 3070 where OcUK added a little extra to the RRP :p)

50722706036_27c65443d1_b.jpg

That's one lucky kid! I had to make do with a new lego set when I was a kid :p

That's probably more than I've spent on myself in the last two years :eek:

Caporegime
I was thinking exactly this :p

Boggles my mind tbh. Do you even appreciate anything in life if everything is just handed to you like this? What about when this kid needs to get a job and pay for stuff?

Does he earn anything himself?

I'd have been blown away by just one of the items in that picture, but getting all of them? Surely that just makes it all "meh"? I dunno. I'm not a parent but I suspect we're witnessing the early stages of a spoilt brat here, unless there's more to this story.

Back
Top Bottom