Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Weekend beers.

Also got some 4-pack pales and IPAs from Tesco as these are all 8%

50730144146_fb433f983a_c.jpg

Gonna ask a real boring question now - do these contain wheat? I'm semi gluten intolerant, can handle barley, but wheat is a no go, which cuts out roughly 50% of beers.

Assume they are compatible with PS5 3d tech? How do you find them vs the 7p?

Also where did you buy yours from?

All headphones are compatible, wired or wireless, it's like dolby atmos, it's driven from the console.
The 7P are not even comparable from an audio quality perspective (7p sounded like I had blocked ears)but they had a super long battery life and were more comfortable.
I like that I can use the Penrose with my phone too as they have bluetooth. I got them from hifiheadphones.

Is this a pre made kit or the bare materials to construct yourself? Curious as I’m researching ideas for a garden room in the new year

Self build kit, dead easy though, done a few from Tuin before. The logs just slot together. Only tools you need are a spirit level and hammer for the roof shingles.

It'll be up by tomorrow evening.

Its this cabin https://www.tuin.co.uk/philip-log-cabin.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Self build kit, dead easy though, done a few from Tuin before. The logs just slot together. Only tools you need are a spirit level and hammer for the roof shingles.

It'll be up by tomorrow evening.

Its this cabin https://www.tuin.co.uk/philip-log-cabin.html

Where are the logs? Looks more like a garden shed than a log cabin? Is 'log' used to make it sound cooler?

I grabbed a few of the multipacks from Tescos yesterday, not had the Murk-life of the hop skip and juice ones before.

I got the Hop, Skip and Juice as mentioned above. Had a can last night and it was alright, although had a slightly odd note i couldn't pick up.

Prior to that i had Skafell by Northern Monk, a really hazy 6.7% NEIPA. That was delicious.

Gonna ask a real boring question now - do these contain wheat? I'm semi gluten intolerant, can handle barley, but wheat is a no go, which cuts out roughly 50% of beers.

Wheat is listed on the ingredients, that's the trend nowadays with the murky IPAs, unfortunately for you.

I got the Hop, Skip and Juice as mentioned above. Had a can last night and it was alright, although had a slightly odd note i couldn't pick up.

Prior to that i had Skafell by Northern Monk, a really hazy 6.7% NEIPA. That was delicious.

Yea, I'm not a massive fan of Hop, Skip. I didn't want to say before as I don't want to ruin your excitement for the beers in your fridge :) I always go for Northern Monk Faith for the 'lighter' Pale, it can be somewhat inconsistent but it's usually very good. I'm from Leeds and had my wedding reception at Northern Monk, so I always have a soft spot for them!

Citra was probably the best for me.

I'll pop by after tomorrow and pick some up. The fridge is already pretty well stocked at the moment anyway, but I will definitely get some more Deyas :)

Had a Citra last night, I thought the hop character was quite muted compared to the Nelson cans I finished last week, not as punchy and citrusy as I'd hoped. Was still very good though.

Yea, I'm not a massive fan of Hop, Skip. I didn't want to say before as I don't want to ruin your excitement for the beers in your fridge :) I always go for Northern Monk Faith for the 'lighter' Pale, it can be somewhat inconsistent but it's usually very good. I'm from Leeds and had my wedding reception at Northern Monk, so I always have a soft spot for them!

What a wonderful venue!

They have a bar in Manchester which i frequent most times i'm over. Faith on keg is excellent, it's still good in cans but feels it loses some magic. I've seen some 440ml cans of it. Maybe the 330ml ones in supermarkets are a slightly reduced recipe to keep costs down.

ihB4Paal.jpg
Every time I go to the garden centre I can't resist buying a plant . I liked this as soon as I saw it off all the varieties of the same species.

Is leaves are soft like velvet, like they look in the pic

It was twice as expensive as all the others! :(

What a wonderful venue!

They have a bar in Manchester which i frequent most times i'm over. Faith on keg is excellent, it's still good in cans but feels it loses some magic. I've seen some 440ml cans of it. Maybe the 330ml ones in supermarkets are a slightly reduced recipe to keep costs down.

I'm not sure, I live in London now and just moved back from the US a year ago, so with that and the pandemic I haven't been back up to Leeds much this year, when I have I haven't been out drinking.

As said the Faith 4-packs can be inconsistent, one I picked up last week they all tasted a little sour, almost a little like a Brut. They weren't bad just not quite right, the pack I picked up yesterday is tasting perfect. I'm pretty sure they were from the same batch too.

I think any beer in can/bottle compared to keg loses its magic a bit. I just tried my latest homebrew this week, half went into bottles and half into Torps for my Krups Compact, both bottled/kegged in the same sitting and there is a notable difference in taste. This system doesn't even use Co2 either so there really shouldn't be any variance.

Back
Top Bottom