Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Lockdown entertainment

IMG-20210105-144732-01.jpg
They are great, played for months at work at lunch time with one of these.

These are only dinky 47uF parts as my amplifier uses dual diode valves to rectify the AC (5AR4) and they have a first filter capacitance limit of 60uF. Using anything larger can result in arcing inside the valve. The current capacitors are rated only to 500V. If an output valve fails to draw current, the supply voltage rises to around 540V which isn't good news for those caps. The usual cheat is to put two higher capacitance capacitors in series, which halves the effective capacitance but doubles the voltage limit.
Vacuum type valves? Like thyratrons? I'm curious........

Vacuum type valves? Like thyratrons? I'm curious........
Not quite so grandiose. These simply have a hard vacuum without an inert gas. My amplifiers consist of 1 dual diode, 1 miniature pentode, 1 dual triode and 2 power pentodes. The diodes do the rectification of the mains AC, the mini pentode does the main voltage gain, the dual triode is used to differentially split the phase of the signal and provide a bit more gain and then the 2 power pentodes provide the final power output. There's a project thread on here about designing, building and testing it here.

av_SennHD650_Dekoni_suede.jpg

Slightly annoyed, bought the new Dekoni suede memory foam version of the earpads I had before (velour memory foam) as the odl ones had started to tear on the inside. Came from the USA and today UPS rinsed me of £18.65 worth of fees!

Not quite so grandiose. These simply have a hard vacuum without an inert gas. My amplifiers consist of 1 dual diode, 1 miniature pentode, 1 dual triode and 2 power pentodes. The diodes do the rectification of the mains AC, the mini pentode does the main voltage gain, the dual triode is used to differentially split the phase of the signal and provide a bit more gain and then the 2 power pentodes provide the final power output. There's a project thread on here about designing, building and testing it here.
Thanks. I'll look at it there...........:)

av_SennHD650_Dekoni_suede.jpg

Slightly annoyed, bought the new Dekoni suede memory foam version of the earpads I had before (velour memory foam) as the odl ones had started to tear on the inside. Came from the USA and today UPS rinsed me of £18.65 worth of fees!

That's a shame, but how are the pads? I will need to replace mine again soon.

Stuff arrived today to allow me to build a DC filter for the mains feed to my amps to help try and minimise transformer hum. I have 3x DCT03 filter PCB's, a mountain of Neutrik powercon inlets and outlets, a polycarb housing, standoffs, lots of P600J diodes and Epcos 68000uF capacitors.

No, they went on like a dream, I did have to use the full extent of the slotted fixings but was surprised at how easy and we'll they fitted

When I did that my hinges were pretty angled to squeeze the doors on, and even then it was pretty tight. Only way it would have worked would be to use fixing brackets to weld the doors together once they were on.

Back
Top Bottom