Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
A Eufy Cam and a 128GB MicroSD card which I already installed in the cam.

Also grabbed 5 x 50cm and 1 x 1m Belkin Ethernet cables, to tidy up behind the TV unit. We deep cleaned the living room the other day and while I had the unit out I organised the wires behind there using cable ties so they weren't such a mess, currently there's a variety of ethernet cables ranging from 1m to 5m. I thought this would be nicer and as they came to a total of £2.77 delivered it's a cheap fix.

50996690121_22c87f81d9_c.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
A Eufy Cam and a 128GB MicroSD card which I already installed in the cam.

Also grabbed 5 x 50cm and 1 x 1m Belkin Ethernet cables, to tidy up behind the TV unit. We deep cleaned the living room the other day and while I had the unit out I organised the wires behind there using cable ties so they weren't such a mess, currently there's a variety of ethernet cables ranging from 1m to 5m. I thought this would be nicer and as they came to a total of £2.77 delivered it's a cheap fix.

50996690121_22c87f81d9_c.jpg

Still looks a mess, I think it always will, but compared to the wires I took out this looks immaculate. Kind of want to tidy some more but this set up isn't permanent so I'll do more later.

Old cables on the floor at the bottom for comparison.

50997060917_63211ca427_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad I ordered in November as it finally arrived today:

CBF18411-9090-40BF-9A52-24C77E76E6A0.jpeg

GR Yaris, people ordering today are looking at May/June 2022 now. :eek:

Very happy with it. :)

Awesome, they look like fantastic little cars! :D I was so tempted, but living in Liverpool and having already had one car stolen, I'm now paranoid about having things that attract attention.

Soldato
I've got 29 of them installed in the downstairs of my house and I'm really pleased with them.
Yeah I'm really happy with them too, I did have one loose red intermittently but tlc changed no issue and I'm sure their 300lm rating is on the low side as they seem brighter than the 350s that I I was temporarily using.

Soldato
I always seem to have issues whenever i've tried cheap "Smart" stuff, from Plugs, to bulbs.

What App do those use? I think most of the cheap stuff i tried used something called Tuya and it never detected any devices.
Yup, they use the tuya app but after that alexa to control, I had no issues at all with these apart from the one not having red intermittently, app found them all straight and then I just had to label them correctly.
We have 9 in the kitchen (we play noughts and crosses on ceiling labelled K1 to 9) and 12 in lounge.

Soldato
I always seem to have issues whenever i've tried cheap "Smart" stuff, from Plugs, to bulbs.

What App do those use? I think most of the cheap stuff i tried used something called Tuya and it never detected any devices.

The app is called 'Smart Life' but it's just a rebranded Tuya app. It works fine.

IoT stuff can be very fussy about your WiFi network, they only like 2.4GHz networks and can struggle when there's a combined 2.4 & 5GHz network. I've got a seperate 2.4GHz network for my IoT stuff and I've not had any problems.

Soldato
Ah, that could be it. I think my router combines the 2 frequencies so might explain why i've always struggled. Although it only seems to be the cheaper Chinese stuff i have issue with. As soon as i bought the TP Link smart plugs (Still only £8 each) they connected instantly.

Soldato
I've seen a few people do this. Aside from the issue you have mentioned are they are other advantages to this? Does it limit your ability to use Alexa etc if they are on different networks (or is it just a different wifi for the same LAN)?

You can have multiple wireless networks on the same 'network' so everything would be using the same IP range. There's no issues with devices reach each other there.

You can also do what I've done and have a completely seperate network with a different IP range for your IoT stuff. The amount of work involved in that varies a lot, if you have your Alexa devices and smart plugs on that same network then it's a doddle but if you have Sonos kit for example and your music is on a device that's on your main LAN then you need to setup firewall rules which can be a bit of a faff. You could also have the seperate networks but have full reachibility between then. Personally I think that's pointless as you're not gaining anything over just creating a new wireless network and keeping all your kit on the same IP range.

Soldato
I've seen a few people do this. Aside from the issue you have mentioned are they are other advantages to this? Does it limit your ability to use Alexa etc if they are on different networks (or is it just a different wifi for the same LAN)?
I had to do this because my laptop drops Teams calls when it switches between 2.4ghz/5ghz for some reason.

On my TP Link Archer its about 3 clicks to setup a 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz network all sharing the same address space. Works really well.

Back
Top Bottom