Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
Finally got my epic desk set-up in place, really chuffed.

This is a 250cm long 88cm deep oak worktop, with two 55cm kitchen cabinets supporting the front. I’ve then installed four legs across the rear, where there’s also 6 plugs and an Ethernet point.

rmPZfpn.jpg

Just need the mega monitor....

Also, my first go at speed test was 546 megs a sec :D

Associate

This is a 250cm long 88cm deep oak worktop, with two 55cm kitchen cabinets supporting the front. I’ve then installed four legs across the rear, where there’s also 6 plugs and an Ethernet point.

rmPZfpn.jpg

Love how simple it looks! Where did you get the worktop, cabinets and let's from?

Associate
@MarkA I've got a sheet of marine ply in my garage that has been their 3 months and now has some unsightly mildew stains. Even in a dry garage there is enough on the surface of the wood for this. So if you haven't already I reccomend oiling the ply. Danish oil or osmo will help keep it clean and stop any staining from mould.

Oh and very nice work by the way.

That's an excellent point, thanks. I've got some oil, I'll tackle that as soon as poss.

Thanks again!

Man of Honour
Love how simple it looks! Where did you get the worktop, cabinets and let's from?
Cheers mate.

The worktop was from Worktop Express. There are loads of options but mine was a simple Oak job. I had to buy it 3m long to get it 96cm wide, then I trimmed it down to my desired specifications (they can do this for you with their 'bespoke tool').

https://www.worktop-express.co.uk/solid-wood-worktops

The cabinets were from Better Kitchens. Again, loads of options to choose from but these were 'Moderna' 3 draw soft close ones.

https://www.betterkitchens.co.uk/

The legs at the rear were from Amazon and I'm sure there's loads of alternatives. You want to make sure the leg height is adjustable to match the height of the worktop (4cm) plus the cabinets (74cm). So it's quite a tall desk at 78cm.

All in it was £600-£650.

Oh a word of warning, the worktop is shockingly heavy. Somewhere close to 100kg I reckon, if not more, so beware!

Soldato

rmPZfpn.jpg

Giant desk, tiny keyboard! :cry:

I like my IKEA worktop but it's a little shallow, mine is the IKEA Hammarp which is 186 x 64CM. Even at the same width, 88CM deep does seem like a nicer depth.

Man of Honour
Giant desk, tiny keyboard! :cry:

I like my IKEA worktop but it's a little shallow, mine is the IKEA Hammarp which is 186 x 64CM. Even at the same width, 88CM deep does seem like a nicer depth.
It is a glorious and luxurious depth. Any deeper and it would look silly I think and I can only get away with it because I'm fortunate enough to have room in my man cave. Because it's deeper than the cabinets (which are only ~60cm deep IIRC), there are gaps at the sides where the depth of worktop extends beyond the cabinets, but it's unnoticeable with the desk placement and actually quite convenient for cables and my 2nd router (which is sat down below the desk).

Soldato
Easter Egg shopping has been dismal this year. I went into 4 supermarkets over the past days, not ONE of them has ANY eggs at all.

I remember last year we bought dozens in the sales after!

I found that they've got loads of eggs but no variety. One Sainsbury's today had hundreds and hundreds each of only a few types, another one I went into was similar but they had about five or six types.

Associate
It is a glorious and luxurious depth. Any deeper and it would look silly I think and I can only get away with it because I'm fortunate enough to have room in my man cave. Because it's deeper than the cabinets (which are only ~60cm deep IIRC), there are gaps at the sides where the depth of worktop extends beyond the cabinets, but it's unnoticeable with the desk placement and actually quite convenient for cables and my 2nd router (which is sat down below the desk).

I can second this depth... and worktop express!
96cm deep is the desk I use, but it's got the CX48 as my main monitor (on an arm, so it sits as far back as possible), but I love the depth.
If I sit up with my chest against my desk, with my arms out in attempt to reach the back end of the desk, I can only just reach it.

It gives your desk an awesome feel, with a load of space for all sorts of things!

Associate
Tried to look for Easter eggs earlier. Went to a Tesco, 2 Sainsburys, a Lidl and an Asda. Absolutely zilch. There was literally just one single shelf of Peter Rabbit Dairy Milk eggs out of ALL of them. All the others, there weren't ANY shelves for eggs anywhere. Instead it was just all garden and BBQ equipment. I'd understand if it were maybe one store/chain doing it, but literally 4 major supermarket chains doing the same thing, completely changing and removing the shelving for an imminent event/holiday? It's like if they were to just get rid of all the Christmas decorations or Christmas food on Christmas Eve. I don't mean "have space for it but it's all sold out", but literally got rid of that shelf and put bloody house plants there or something. I cannot understand what manager thinks that would be a good idea, let alone multiple managers across different companies.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Usually they flog them all for a quid on Monday due to surplus but I had the same experience yesterday until I went to Morrison's who had some selection. Other supermarkets you wouldn't even know it was Easter. Luckily I don't put much stock in the holiday itself, was more for just a little treat for ourselves.

Soldato
Nice collection! Are the chis and Sean's legit? I got both pairs of Travis for retail. Sold the highs for £800 or something mad and went and bought a £100 pair of reps that looked identical. Yes I shall definitely be after the bacons too.

Im kind of embarrassed it's got a bit out of hand, but here's one of my air max walls...

DWistnK.jpeg

I've gotten quite lucky on raffles over the last few years and sold a lot of pairs allowing me to fund my own collection.

I mostly collect air max 1s but have a lot of 90s, a few 95s and a whole load of other nikes / jordans/ adidas / new balance / asics

What do you two use as storage? What are the shelves? My collection is getting out of control, though superstars are not as tall in think they'd look good in those units

Soldato
What do you two use as storage? What are the shelves? My collection is getting out of control, though superstars are not as tall in think they'd look good in those units

Mine was custom made by a local carpenter we'd used to make shelves that we had built into the alcoves in the living room.

We supplied the measurements, he made it, we painted it. That's how it wound up built in a place it kinda can't be moved from but was useless for anything else.

Soldato

This side is the Ikea billy with extra shelves and the glass doors. On the other side of the room I have 3x 2x4 Ikea Kallax units with glass fronts and shelves splitting them in two.

This was how they were set up when in the house. They are pretty cheap until you add the glass fronts. The LEDs I bought off wish and they lasted less than 3 days ha.
tc0x60f.jpg
They hold my 90s and 95s now.

Soldato
I don't mean "have space for it but it's all sold out", but literally got rid of that shelf and put bloody house plants there or something. I cannot understand what manager thinks that would be a good idea, let alone multiple managers across different companies.

What manager wouldn't think this was the right thing to do? So, you have two options a) Leave about 30 foot of empty space where are the eggs had been b) Move on to what goes on there next. My point being, they have sold out, they don't want empty shelf space.

Soldato
This side is the Ikea billy with extra shelves and the glass doors. On the other side of the room I have 3x 2x4 Ikea Kallax units with glass fronts and shelves splitting them in two.

This was how they were set up when in the house. They are pretty cheap until you add the glass fronts. The LEDs I bought off wish and they lasted less than 3 days ha.
tc0x60f.jpg
They hold my 90s and 95s now.

Holy **** you collection wipes the floor with mine.

1s are my favourite and I like the parras so much I'm planning some reps... great work.

Soldato
Haha thanks. Yeah they are gorgeous. Dont see too many good pairs of reps around now unfortunately.

1s forever. I think Im hovering around 150 pairs. And about the same of other models, mostly 90s, 95s, air span IIs, Jordan 1 lows and Highs, Asics GL3s, Diadora n9000s, various new balance, Ultraboosts and a few pairs of dunks including my precious skunks.

Last edited:
Soldato
I find it hilarious that the trainer market has made buying fake knock offs acceptable and rebranding them ‘reps’.
I would have thought it would be embarrassing to be seen in a fake.

For example I must admit whilst I wouldn’t be impressed with someone wearing a Rolex, I’d think they were a bit of a div if they were wearing a fake Rolex. Guess fake trainers are the same.

Back
Top Bottom