Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
No those are substantially different knives :D

Different handle construction (full tang and pins is better than the one you linked with likely a short tang).

Different shape on the back edge of the blade by the finger area.

Different materials. Likely different knife entirely if you compared in person!
I only saw that some of the pictures for advertising were identical, I suspect it's the same manufacturer and just recycling photos.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
And different name stamps!

I used the knife last night to make air fried chunky sweet potatoes. Such a different coming from a family hand me down knife that blunts weekly to this lol. It made swiss cheese of normal potatoes, so effortless. Can't wait to make more stuff :cool:

Assuming its claim of long life and sharpness retention holds true, this might be my only chopping knife.

Caporegime
And different name stamps!

I used the knife last night to make air fried chunky sweet potatoes. Such a different coming from a family hand me down knife that blunts weekly to this lol. It made swiss cheese of normal potatoes, so effortless. Can't wait to make more stuff :cool:

Assuming its claim of long life and sharpness retention holds true, this might be my only chopping knife.

It will as long as you don't put it in the dishwasher

Soldato

It won't retain sharpness that well, it uses X50CRMOV15 steel, which is rated at about 56 on the rockwell chart which is medium/soft. It's a perfectly good steel and quite widely used, but edge retention isn't one of its qualities.

But they're pretty tough and sharpen easily. I'd just get a honing steel and give it a few passes before and after each use. Should keep it perfectly usable for a long time.

Soldato
Ordered the Samsung Bespoke Jet to replace a plug in Shark that's dying. Delayed a few weeks but finally turned up really nice looking bit of kit.

IMG-0391.jpg

IMG-0395.jpg

This was an insiders test product looking forward to trying this shortly got it for a great price

IMG-0393.jpg

And finally got the mrs a new wheelchair for going slightly off road a bit the larger bike tyres make it a tad more comfortable

IMG-0394.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It won't retain sharpness that well, it uses X50CRMOV15 steel, which is rated at about 56 on the rockwell chart which is medium/soft. It's a perfectly good steel and quite widely used, but edge retention isn't one of its qualities.

But they're pretty tough and sharpen easily. I'd just get a honing steel and give it a few passes before and after each use. Should keep it perfectly usable for a long time.

It wipes the floor with the old £3 chopping knife lol but yep I have a sharpening block that's years old and well used as you can imagine from sharpening the old knife throughout the week.

Soldato
I went to CEX to buy an 8GB CF card they had in stock in a particular store but it had somehow vanished so I was offered a 32GB Sandisk Extreme CF card for the same price at 6 pounds. What a result.

The average price of these are selling for 20 pounds on ebay. The prices on these CF cards are going up.
f82edd65-ae46-4135-91d1-8e82c35dc84b

I've got a few 32GB around, I still have my 5Ds Mk2 but not planning to sell them anytime soon.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
UFYFtXs.jpg

technically i didn't buy this, but it is what Amazon sent me. One livechat later and I am being refunded and was told to keep these. So yeah, free biccies.

Soldato
Dishwashers dull knifes, so does using them though.
That's what I keep hearing, but I've been putting a wusthof ikon classic paring knife in the dishwasher for years and in terms of an edge it only needs sharpening as often as the others that I wash by hand.

I only put that one in the dishwasher after it went in once by mistake and thought let's see what happens... Only thing that has happened is the logo on the blade has faded.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom