Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
IMG-20220526-153310566.jpg

IMG-20220526-153327853.jpg

Associate
Another HUKD bargain. I've been on the look out for a cordless grass trimmer for a while, but the DeWalt (I have the batteries for my tools) ones never really go on offer that cheap. These popped up in an offer at Wickes, buy a tool and get a free battery and charger pack.

Not really heard of the brand before but the reviews are decent and for the price it seemed worth a try. I didn't really need the blower, but it was cheaper than an additional battery, so I bought a second tool and claimed a second battery for free. The blower will save me plugging in and using the blow function on my shop vac to dry the bikes after washing.

£80 for this lot is very good value I'd say.

52104889448_314330b1f5_b.jpg

Points for the first person to spot the dog.

Soldato
Another HUKD bargain. I've been on the look out for a cordless grass trimmer for a while, but the DeWalt (I have the batteries for my tools) ones never really go on offer that cheap. These popped up in an offer at Wickes, buy a tool and get a free battery and charger pack.

Not really heard of the brand before but the reviews are decent and for the price it seemed worth a try. I didn't really need the blower, but it was cheaper than an additional battery, so I bought a second tool and claimed a second battery for free. The blower will save me plugging in and using the blow function on my shop vac to dry the bikes after washing.

£80 for this lot is very good value I'd say.

52104889448_314330b1f5_b.jpg

Points for the first person to spot the dog.

This is going to sound full on moron but how do you use HUKD, do you search for stuff you want on there before you buy anything, do you set up alerts for categories of things or do you just browse it and buy stuff spontaneously!?

When ever I look at it the deal has expired, there isn't stock or it's just all junk and "fake deals" spam

Caporegime
This is going to sound full on moron but how do you use HUKD, do you search for stuff you want on there before you buy anything, do you set up alerts for categories of things or do you just browse it and buy stuff spontaneously!?

When ever I look at it the deal has expired, there isn't stock or it's just all junk and "fake deals" spam

Sort of, you also need to look for deals in stores, for example the last pack of Hobnobs is mispriced at 10p at a Tesco in a village with less than 100 inhabitants, so you take a photo of it and post it on there. This way the rest of the UK can vote it hot, because it is indeed cheap, and nobody can take advantage because it was literally one item in one store.

Associate

You can set up alerts for keywords that you're interested in, but I never have. I usually just have a quick scroll through out of boredom and almost never buy anything, but last couple of weeks or so I've been lucky and grabbed a few bargains.

Sort of, you also need to look for deals in stores, for example the last pack of Hobnobs is mispriced at 10p at a Tesco in a village with less than 100 inhabitants, so you take a photo of it and post it on there. This way the rest of the UK can vote it hot, because it is indeed cheap, and nobody can take advantage because it was literally one item in one store.

It is a lot like this, I've only been using it a year or so and most users say it used to be way better. Does drive me mad how many people post absolute crap that almost every other user will not have access to.

-

Grass Trimmer update: It works well, very happy with it for the money. The blower is surprisingly powerful too, it sent a quarter of a brick tumbling at speed. I have a manual push mower as both of our lawns are quite small, but I am happy with the results paired together. I did snag the ground at a few bits as I was getting used to the tool.

Before anyone says it, I know I have an old lady's garden, it was previously an old lady's garden.

52105244204_9ca4a5ff55_b.jpg

Soldato
You can set up alerts for keywords that you're interested in, but I never have. I usually just have a quick scroll through out of boredom and almost never buy anything, but last couple of weeks or so I've been lucky and grabbed a few bargains.

It is a lot like this, I've only been using it a year or so and most users say it used to be way better. Does drive me mad how many people post absolute crap that almost every other user will not have access to.

-

Grass Trimmer update: It works well, very happy with it for the money. The blower is surprisingly powerful too, it sent a quarter of a brick tumbling at speed. I have a manual push mower as both of our lawns are quite small, but I am happy with the results paired together. I did snag the ground at a few bits as I was getting used to the tool.

Before anyone says it, I know I have an old lady's garden, it was previously an old lady's garden.

52105244204_9ca4a5ff55_b.jpg
How long does it take you to mow your lawn?:D

Soldato
Re HUKD cheers I think I'll just remember to have a look when I'm looking to buy something, maybe setup an alert if it's something I'm not in a rush for, might try it now with earbuds to get an idea of the spamminess

Associate
Nothing wrong with your garden @R-evans, looks nice.

Thanks, we do like that the previous owner kept it looking nice. Even better that we also have apple trees and rhubarb round the back!

How long does it take you to mow your lawn?:D

That one took me about 10 mins total with the manual push mower and new strimmer, it is very small but it's fine, I wouldn't much more in that size of garden. The lawn round the back is twice that size, but we are going to half the size of that one when we do the patio.

He doesn't mow it. He stands in the middle with his new strimmer, pushes the button and does a full 360 turn and the lawn is done :p

Edit: not slating the garden BTW, it's a decent garden but @beachBOYken set that up so it would have been rude to not take it :(

Haha all good, you're not far off!

Caporegime

Not only that but absolute rubbish. "Pack of two hinges for Unicorn Horn Cupboard made in 1974, £1.99" and people vote it hot as if it's gonna change the world.

Garden looks lovely tbh, gonna be a lot of upkeep though!

Back
Top Bottom