Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Is it a Herman Miller Mirra and if so what what was your previous chair and how do you rate it?

Indeed, as others mentioned an Aeron. I had a Noblechair prior, and a Markus before that. Still have the noblechair for the gaming setup, but needed something proper for when not standing at the desk during work hours.

Caporegime
Between the Mirra I got last weekend and the Ikea Markus...I actually prefer the Markus, or any of these cheap office chairs at work. I find (and now realise) that I don't like the hard edge on the front of the Mirra. After long sessions in the Mirra it feels like i've been sitting on the toilet for too long because the center of the chair has no support, the support is via the mesh from all sides.

Man of Honour
Between the Mirra I got last weekend and the Ikea Markus...I actually prefer the Markus, or any of these cheap office chairs at work. I find (and now realise) that I don't like the hard edge on the front of the Mirra. After long sessions in the Mirra it feels like i've been sitting on the toilet for too long because the center of the chair has no support, the support is via the mesh from all sides.
That's the issue I had with the new Mirra I bought and subsequently returned. I now have an older Mirra and it doesn't have the same issue.

Soldato
The Embody has small handles that allow you to change the depth of the seat to avoid this.

Soldato
Any particular reasoning? Have you had both?

The Aeron is not a good modern design. It cannot adjust to specific users (which is why you need 3 different sizes of the same chair), and there is a common issue that results because of this: the hard plastic lip is not comfortable on the thighs.

The Leap is far more likely to be preferable to a wider range of users.

Man of Honour
So since the root beer was mentioned before, I figured I'd give it a try. It is NOT as nice as the ginger beer! It is less fizzy and reminds me of Calpol, lol. Still nice though but just not the 10/10 the ginger beer is.

Tlf0lry.jpg

Soldato
Steelcase Gesture worth a look as well. I'd like to try an Embody as I think it would suit me, don't fancy the price tag though.
Steelcase Please V2 is the best chair I've used, had mine nearly 3 years now. Never really got on with the Herman Millers.

The please is the only chair I've used that is equally comfortable and supportive whether you're bolt upright typing, or reclining and lounging with a controller, the articulated lumbar support is ace.

Back
Top Bottom