Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
So that other small desk fan I got ages ago ended up being a whiner after all this time of use and I ended up trying and returning a whole slew of desk fans, and a Honeywell one which I thought was "desk" friendly but never checked the dimensions, which led to comedy scenes when it arrived and it was floor fan sized lol and sounded like a Delta case fan from the 2000s.

Have settled on this which arrived today, finally a fan that is genuinely silent on the lowest speed, no coil resonance and no chassis vibrations either. Just the sound of air making blade contact. It is USB-C too and has a single press button to go through the modes, long press turns it off without having to cycle the modes (important to note). And for once, it feels like a quality fan as opposed to cheap Chinese tat. Lowest speed pushes more air than the highest speed of the old one too.

deskfan_easyacc_20220821_192703.jpg

It has wall mounting holes too for those that like putting these above a monitor etc but comically the USB port is on the top, so you will need a right angled extension to keep cabling tidy :rolleyes:

Soldato
So that other small desk fan I got ages ago ended up being a whiner after all this time of use and I ended up trying and returning a whole slew of desk fans, and a Honeywell one which I thought was "desk" friendly but never checked the dimensions, which led to comedy scenes when it arrived and it was floor fan sized lol and sounded like a Delta case fan from the 2000s.

Have settled on this which arrived today, finally a fan that is genuinely silent on the lowest speed, no coil resonance and no chassis vibrations either. Just the sound of air making blade contact. It is USB-C too and has a single press button to go through the modes, long press turns it off without having to cycle the modes (important to note). And for once, it feels like a quality fan as opposed to cheap Chinese tat. Lowest speed pushes more air than the highest speed of the old one too.

It has wall mounting holes too for those that like putting these above a monitor etc but comically the USB port is on the top, so you will need a right angled extension to keep cabling tidy :rolleyes:

Finally. I once got rid of that Argos fan you were talking about and always regretted doing it, never found anything good since!

Now I will have to try this baby out. Does look like it will be a pain to keep the blades clean tho!

Edit: Oh, you can twist and it'll come right off. Nice.

Man of Honour
Finally. I once got rid of that Argos fan you were talking about and always regretted doing it, never found anything good since!

Now I will have to try this baby out. Does look like it will be a pain to keep the blades clean tho!

Edit: Oh, you can twist and it'll come right off. Nice.
I did like those Argos fans, so silent, but the single speed only meant they were not great in really hot weather plus the small fan blade width meant there was a narrow area for airflow. This feels like a nice upgrade over that, just as quiet as the Argos but a lot more air with 3 speeds.

I have found a quirk though, if I use my ancient Blackberry USB charger block then speed 3 isn't possible, the fan drops back to speed 1 or 2. If I plug it into my monitor's USB port which outputs 5v 2A iirc, then all speeds are fine. I think the Blackberry wall plug just isn't powerful enough to maintain the higher speed.

Soldato

Comes with a promotion too.

This comes free

[Upgrade Touch-Switch] EasyAcc Mini Desk Fan with Twin-turbo Small Personal USB Fan Portable Table Fan Cooling Fan 2 Speed Adjustable for Home Office https://amzn.eu/d/jcdMonA

bJN

bJN

Soldato

I bought one of these a couple of months ago. Great little thing to be honest. Silent on low speed and still quiet on the second setting. Sure it isn't gonna move a load of air like a bigger fan, but did the job for me!

Soldato
How is this? Had settled on it as my first printer.
It's really good. Building it was easy enough and probably took around 6 hours or so but the relief/satisfaction I had when I first turned it on and everything worked was very good.

It prints well, from the few prints I've done so far I'd say it probably prints a little better in quality than my Ender 3 S1, but more testing is needed. It definitely prints quicker than my Ender.

Prusa are a bit stingy with the amount of filament they give you with it, 50g in 2 x 25g circular thingamajigs where for the i3 MK3s+ I have heard they give you a 1kg spool of Prusament, but I did like the filament I got with it and will order some soon.

Soldato
Although one of the cheaper purchases of the week, the final delivery came for the beach home with the QN85 to compliment the Q930B that arrived earlier in the week. The most expensive purchase being the beach home itself.

Will probably get an Xbox S at some point to go with it for when I’m here.

And also basically everything else you see:

It’s been a costly week.
I'd be disappointed with that view if I'd been sold a beach home ;)

Looking very smart though, enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom