Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Trying to be healthy after feeling pretty run down the last few months. AG1 is way too expensive for my likely, so cheaper alternative for me!

VSm6xu0.png

Worked out at £70 for just under 4 months worth. Will be interesting to see if i notice anything. At the moment it's just a feeling of puking whenever i drink it because it's awful! Shouldn't have gone for a fake berry flavour. Stupid Martyn going for the version on offer :(

Soldato
Just like all my opinions, you either agree with me (in that team red is best) - or you're wrong.

05Vxex1.jpg

Time to go and steal some cats now!

Name change to PyschoSonnymk2

EDIT - Keep reading the above and thought it looked wrong, realised there was no H in his name (i don't think)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm, my own personal experience tells me that wheels are the best upgrade you can do...?

Weird. It was a GCN video comparing cheap wheels and premium tyres to cheap tyres and premium wheels and the cheap wheels and decent tyres won.

Admittedly the premium tyres/wheels combined was still the better option at a higher cost.

I’m sure some carbon rims will happen at some point, but at 100kg. Saving 500g seems unnessecary and after catching some heavy side wind at the weekend I actually think I’d prefer less deep rims.

Soldato
Hmm, my own personal experience tells me that wheels are the best upgrade you can do...?

As i said, it might be ingenuous in that decent wheels AND tyres are obviously better, but i'm not sure they're better enough when i'm saving ~£500

Soldato
I can't really watch it at the moment, but I know on my first (2nd hand) road bike, I'd changed tyres a few times (although, likely all 'half decent' tyres) but then I bought some deeper dish carbon wheels (£200 I think) on and was SMASHING PB's after that.

I thought it was widely commented, buy a bike, then buy new wheels for it as manufacturers often put very average wheels on them.

**EDIT** Probably a discussion for the Road Bike thread I guess?

**EDIT2** Tbf, most places are listing tyres as the number one upgrade. I guess I never really look at them as 'an upgrade', you simply choose what's suitable. Eg, the tyres I'm on now are not fast, they're tough. I'll switch to faster tyres come summer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom