Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
More bike stuffs, just waiting on the frame now, which should apparently be tomorrow.
nice - pending long cage rear mech too ... different layer in box ?
Do you buy from a UK, or EU supplier, where might be more economic with larger purchases to offset P&P/tax

Soldato
More bike stuffs, just waiting on the frame now, which should apparently be tomorrow.

Quite apparent the difference in quality in the packaging between the lower Rival range and the higher Force range.

uStjajy.png

HcN5j6d.png

mbTHNDA.png
I'd rather have the cardboard packaging that'll recycle easily than the plastic foam that's going in landfill. All it needs to do is get the parts to you intact.

Soldato
nice - pending long cage rear mech too ... different layer in box ?
Do you buy from a UK, or EU supplier, where might be more economic with larger purchases to offset P&P/tax

Yeah, there's another layer underneath with the other shifter.

Went with the UK, Tredz price matched someone else and it worked out cheaper to buy the Force groupset and then Rival cranks etc as it meant i got the power meter. I did look at Europe but it didn't seem any cheaper even before tax etc.

I'd rather have the cardboard packaging that'll recycle easily than the plastic foam that's going in landfill. All it needs to do is get the parts to you intact.

Yeah, it's pretty faffy, god knows what the highest range would be packaged in!

Soldato
After the Bundaberg ginger beer japes from before, I discovered Old Jamaica which I think I actually like even more. 6 cans for under £4, too. I think it's magic how an open can in the fridge can still have some fizz after 48hrs!

nA5ckkK.jpg
WTF, discovered?! Next you'll be telling me you haven't heard of DG.

This forum makes no sense to me sometimes :(

Soldato
I only discovered ginger beer last year!
This is what I realised must be the case :p

DG is a drinks brand who do a lot of traditional stuff like ginger beer and cream soda, probably the biggest brand I know for ginger beer. South London so surrounded by Carribbean food etc which is what I mostly associate ginger beer with? I bet if I look it up they're owned by Diageo or Coca Cola these days...

Edit: No, Jamaican company and independent!

D&G produces one of Jamaica's best-known exports, Red Stripe beer, and also exports Old Jamaica Ginger Beer
Edit edit: D&G ginger beer IS Old Jamaica ginger beer apparently :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm, my own personal experience tells me that wheels are the best upgrade you can do...?
Years ago (1998) I got some hand built MTB wheels with titanium rims and titanium hubs. The difference it made to the cross country riding was immense. Made the Kona even more reactive/twichy if you didn't know about it.

Soldato
Hah that does make sense then. Well I am an OJ convert now. Priced well, tastes great, open can still fizzy after 2 days... What's not to like :)
I got onto Bundaberg because of you, and now you tell me you prefer Old Jamaica? I find it utter guff in comparison! I used to be an Old Jamaica fan (talking maybe 15 years ago) but then they seemed to kill off the fiery ginger and upped the sweetness.

Bundaberg4eva thanks to you!

Back
Top Bottom