Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
After years without screen protectors on any of my phones with no issues my Poco F5 finally got a scratch on the screen. No idea what caused it but it's deep enough to stop my fingernail and goes almost half away across. Has some superficial scratches also dotted around. My old Mi 9T has nothing at all so at a loss how.

So got a screen protector to prevent more damage, miraculously the scratches has disappeared and the screen looks pristine again. Was thinking about a DIY screen replacement as all I could do was look at it haha

IMG-20240201-140826.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
After years without screen protectors on any of my phones with no issues my Poco F5 finally got a scratch on the screen. No idea what caused it but it's deep enough to stop my fingernail and goes almost half away across. Has some superficial scratches also dotted around. My old Mi 9T has nothing at all so at a loss how.

So got a screen protector to prevent more damage, miraculously the scratches has disappeared and the screen looks pristine again. Was thinking about a DIY screen replacement as all I could do was look at it haha

IMG-20240201-140826.jpg
Yes my Huawei mate 20 pro,s screen was a proper mess, this oppo find X2 pro is pristine and it's been dropped and bashed, I've just kept the gel case on and that's raised above screen ( so if placed upside down it's still raised)
Maybe it's the different versions of gorilla glass

Soldato
Yes my Huawei mate 20 pro,s screen was a proper mess, this oppo find X2 pro is pristine and it's been dropped and bashed, I've just kept the gel case on and that's raised above screen ( so if placed upside down it's still raised)
Maybe it's the different versions of gorilla glass
Its just weird. I have a few phones that I have used and the screens are still perfect (always had a basic case on) but 6 months with the Poco f5 and the screen is damaged? Bizzare, glad the protector hides everything for my own sake!

Last edited:
Soldato
Its just weird. I have a few phones that I have used and the screens are still perfect (always had a basic case on) but 6 months with the Poco f5 and the screen is damaged? Bizzare
I did some googling on this the other night - my s23 is a bit battered, more so than previous phones. In my instance, its the type of gorilla glass that allows you to put the fingerprint sensor beneath the screen. Not sure if Poco has a similar feature, but it explained my issue away - the s23 is indeed softer than previous gens.

Soldato
I did some googling on this the other night - my s23 is a bit battered, more so than previous phones. In my instance, its the type of gorilla glass that allows you to put the fingerprint sensor beneath the screen. Not sure if Poco has a similar feature, but it explained my issue away - the s23 is indeed softer than previous gens.
It has a power button fingerprint sensor (my preference with the finger print solutions). Always used xiaomi phones. But I guess the gorilla glass is stronger crack wise but softer for scratching? Seems to be that from some googling.

When I noticed it a few days ago I was furious and could do nothing but feel for it. Feels silky smooth with the protector on compared to the regular glass also and can barely see the edge.

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't get an amp, but I do play it through an Audio Interface which I wear headphones with. I'm practicing quite late at night at the moment, but my Dad has an Ampeg which I can borrow when I can actually play :cry:

Cool :) I find headphones quite weird myself. I don't really like my bass sound to be coming from the same speakers as the rest of the music, but that's just me. I'd definitely try and get my hands on the Ampeg!!

Associate
Cool :) I find headphones quite weird myself. I don't really like my bass sound to be coming from the same speakers as the rest of the music, but that's just me. I'd definitely try and get my hands on the Ampeg!!
I will at some point. I have the little kiddies to think about which is why I use the Headphones atm. I've tried the Ampeg and it does sound ace. If I do get any good, my old man said I can use his Fender USA Jazz Bass so I have something to aim for! He also has a USA Fender P-Bass and a PB Fretless, although that's not a USA Made one and is relatively new. Think the Jazz is a 70's made one.

Soldato

IMG-20240201-140826.jpg
I get IBY wind sometimes, not nice.

Associate

IMG-20240201-140826.jpg
I bought a switch off Ebay once and it went quite cheap but when it arrived it had scratches all over the screen. I should have sent it back but didn't and when I fitted a new screen protector it did the same thing! The scratches disappeared and you couldn't even see they were there! Brilliant!

Soldato
A slightly second hand timing cover to replace the very second hand timing cover that was on the bike. Was a cheap one as wasn't sure if the engine would be ok. Good news though, running sweet as a nut, so will source a nicer looking one, or paint that one. One step closer to getting her back on the road!!

EgC0Ilv.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom