Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
Ah, the original Walkman Phone? Another classic, i had that in college so must've been the one i got after the 8800 maybe

I still have it somewhere, not sure about the power adaptor though!

A year later I had a Nokia N95 (bought it off a friend for £100 as it was surplus to him), but sold that when the iPhone 1 came out in 2007 and paid only £130 because back then you can get it for that much had had to sign up to a contract through iTunes....or jailbreak and put in your sim lol

Cheapest iPhone I ever had, but sold it for £100 !!!

Wish I keep that now, it was boxed with everything.

Soldato
A year later I had a Nokia N95 (bought it off a friend for £100 as it was surplus to him), but sold that when the iPhone 1 came out in 2007 and paid only £130 because back then you can get it for that much had had to sign up to a contract through iTunes....or jailbreak and put in your sim lol
Had an N95 as well, great phone although had to replace the casing and keypad a few times.
Similarly wished i kept at least one of my OG iPhones but did what everyone else was doing at the time (around 2008), jailbreaking and flogging them on eBay for ~£300 each - made a small fortune at the time which all got blown at the student bar :(

Soldato
Also a new waterproof.
This one has pit zips. I get so hot it's kind of a requirement for me.

c4nRIth.jpeg

Have long zipper pits as well, which should help in the wet warm weather.

Soldato
Upgraded keyboard.

bTvB5ng.jpeg

"But murk, mister kay, mark, they're exactly the same?!" I hear you scream with confused tears in your eyes.

Old one is the MX Keys, new is the MX Keys S. Just like moving everything to USB-C, I've now moved everything onto the Logitech Bolt receiver system as I use multiple stuff between PC and work laptop environments, and Bolt is better suited to business anyway.

dHdeyoB.jpeg

Upshot is the S comes with a palmrest that I don't use as a palmrest but instead raise the front height to make the keyboard "flat" about 15mm off the desk lol.
Does the back light still go off ridiculously quickly?

Soldato
I've never owned one of these, but I have carbon monoxide detectors strewn around the house for the boiler.

What do you use this for / what does it help you to monitor or correct?
It'll help me visually see when air sucks, and trigger say one of my air purifiers or dehumidifers or it'll flag up a message for the windows to be opened. It is amazing how much nasty air we exhale at night when sleeping for example so opening a window greatly helps. We also have construction work nearby kicking up all sorts into the air.

It's hard to find a complete sensor suite in a decent package that ties into smart platforms and this one has decent reviews. Even the app itself isn't that intrusive compared to most 'eastern' goods and their apps.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I had a Sony Ericson w810i around that point.
K750 is what I had then!

Good times.

Does the back light still go off ridiculously quickly?

Whoops missed this as forum never notified of a quote!

You will be pleased to learn that no, they fixed a few quirks of the MX Keys in the Keys S version.

1: You can now tweak the backlighting:

C1X6eT3.png

2: When you turn off and on the keyboard, or switch between paired devices, it remembers the previous brightness value. I like to keep the brightness on level 1 for max battery life using lighting, the non-S version would reset the lighting and go back to level 2 every time

3: You can now see battery % in the Options+ app for any Bolt connected devices :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom