Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Permabanned
Why did you decide to have the stones around the edge and not just turf it?

Just out of interest.

That area of the gardens isn't perfectly square, to have turfed it all the rolls would have had to be laid slightly diagonally, a big no-no according the installers.

More importantly how do you get down to it and back up.

Haha, there are stairs next to the decking, just cant see them in either pic.

That just looks plain weird id ask for a refund

It's really just meant to be a play area for our 18month old daughter, the raised patio area is dangerous for obvious reasons; we have a couple of joiners coming round next week to build some fencing around the edge so its less of a death trap.

The turf is just a low maintainace area for the little one to play with all her outdoor toys.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I love the idea of astroturf in the garden but that just looks a bit odd.
agreed is it really that hard to produce something better these days. All the ones I've seen still look so fake. It's probably the uniform colour, but there's so many ways to add in random colours these days. Or is no company going to risk an expensive product and just make normal Astro turf.

Soldato
Why have you paid for your garden to look like a small athletics arena?

Also if there any cats in your street then you've just given them a great outdoor gravel litter tray.

I'm not even going to mention the telephone pole :p

Don
Just to buck the trend a little bit, I quite like the garden. A neighbour has the fake grass and they can use it all year round without worrying about mud, it's low maintenance and a great area for kids to play on.

Caporegime
Just to buck the trend a little bit, I quite like the garden. A neighbour has the fake grass and they can use it all year round without worrying about mud, it's low maintenance and a great area for kids to play on.
My neighbour replaced their lawn at the back with fake grass. Their kid now plays out the front. Makes no jeffing sense to me.

Permabanned
Well haven't I been roasted today!

I'm sure you're all comedians and landscaping experts :p

It does look much better in person, and suits the back garden as a whole; the contractor emailed me to tell me that he got a couple of other jobs from folks wanting something very similar after I allowed him to post pics of the finshed job on his facebook page and he offered to come back in a couple of years and re-bead it for free (the stuff they pour on and brush through it to lift the grass back up).

Commissario
I don't mind the grass, I like astroturf, I just think the overall layout is a bit odd. It looks like it should slide to one side and a Thunderbird should fly out from underneath :)

Back
Top Bottom